House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
geneer

Bulls, Why Do You Haunt Hpc

Bulls,

Why do you post on HPC. I mean really?

As bulls, I presume you own one or more houses. As I see it you have commited yourself to the property ladder, for better or for worse.

If you fully believe in "safe as houses" then why not sit back and relax? Why bother?

The bears have a good reason to be here of course. Its one of the few places in which the received wisdom of majority is reviewed and largely rejected.

Personally I found it great to find people who shared my views and offered intelligent support of the same. But its not like there has been any shortage of people gabbing on about the never ending rise and rise of house prices. So again, why bother?

Some have suggested that they are doing their bit to resist the massive media power of the HPC machine. Which is laughable really.

We are a tiny minority of people. A micro-dot compared to the opposing argument. So again, why bother?

Some seem to be out and out trolls. But really, if thats your cup of tea, hop over to starwars.com and tell them all Han solo SuX, Empire was shit U Noobs!.

Bound to be much more fun.

I, and presumably a good few bears, hope you take the time to respond and await your answers with interest.

Some seem to be out and out trolls. But really, if thats your cup of tea, hop over to starwars.com and tell them all Han solo SuX, Empire was shit U Noobs!.

It's actually better if you just tell them that Han never shot first.

Trust me on this.

Guest happy?
Bulls,

They misheard. It's mostly balls posted on here - you can understand their error though.

Bulls,

As bulls, I presume you own one or more houses. As I see it you have commited yourself to the property ladder, for better or for worse.

If you fully believe in "safe as houses" then why not sit back and relax? Why bother?

The bears have a good reason to be here of course. Its one of the few places in which the received wisdom of majority is reviewed and largely rejected.

Personally I found it great to find people who shared my views and offered intelligent support of the same. But its not like there has been any shortage of people gabbing on about the never ending rise and rise of house prices. So again, why bother?

Some have suggested that they are doing their bit to resist the massive media power of the HPC machine. Which is laughable really.

We are a tiny minority of people. A micro-dot compared to the opposing argument. So again, why bother?

I, and presumably a good few bears, hope you take the time to respond and await your answers with interest.

To be honest - there is no better site for information and data on the housing market. It is up to date, quickly analysed and (usually) believable. We bulls/neithers thought that we were welcome as the introductory profile gives the option of being either bear, bull or neither.

Its good to have a mix of opinions from both sides of the fence. As long as people aint trolling.

Yes but some people clearly are. I have trouble understanding why this isn't picked up espeically when Certain Persons use the same template for practically every post meaning that their multiple account efforts are not exactly hard to spot either.

Mentioning no names! Hope that helps anyway! Good luck! ;)

Bulls,

I wonder if the data exists to see the percentages of bulls against bears who have signed up in the past 6 months. I would expect that quite a few more bulls than bears have signed up in that time, as the queasy notion is escaping through the media that all is not well with their "investments" and "pensions".

I wonder if the data exists to see the percentages of bulls against bears who have signed up in the past 6 months. I would expect that quite a few more bulls than bears have signed up in that time, as the queasy notion is escaping through the media that all is not well with their "investments" and "pensions".

But please allow some leeway for those of us that saw the website advertised elsewhere and were curious.

But please allow some leeway for those of us that saw the website advertised elsewhere and were curious.

That was why I left the "neithers" out of the equation, as I assumed that the curious would label themselves that way.

It would be good if the owner of the site could publish the information.

Personally, Im a neither for reasons I have stated many times.

I just find the whole thing quite amusing really and am curious to know how many more years will go by of people taking literally every news story on bbc news (however obscure) - and putting a HPC spin on it.

Its good to have a mix of opinions from both sides of the fence. As long as people aint trolling.

I agree, in fact I'll even put up with a few trolls as the bulls are needed to keep the bears honest. I'm a STR'r and it's absolutely in my interest to see property drop 50%, 60%, 70% or more in nominal terms, but I'd rather listen to a balanced and reasoned discussion than have my property fantasies pandered to! So welcome bulls and please keep posting.

new categories required.

"Estate Agent"

"Estate Agent about to lose job"

'Estate Agent Ordered by boss to haunt HPC posting monkeyshite in a pathetic attempt to keep the plates in the air"

"Gordon 'Bottler' Brown"

Personally, Im a neither for reasons I have stated many times.

I just find the whole thing quite amusing really and am curious to know how many more years will go by of people taking literally every news story on bbc news (however obscure) - and putting a HPC spin on it.

do you work for BBC News ?

Bulls,

Why are you so bothered?

You seem to be on a crusade (not just on this website) against anyone who doesn't believe in a huge HPC.

(Maybe you should become a moderator. :P )

Why are you so bothered?

You seem to be on a crusade (not just on this website) against anyone who doesn't believe in a huge HPC.

(Maybe you should become a moderator. :P )

Just interested.

A crusade eh? I guess your expecting only a medium sized HPC then. :P

I have found this site extremely informative.

It is also the only place I have been able to really express my bear sentiments, cos its difficult and unwelcome to express them to friends and family who are indoctinated with the bull sentiment by the media and a herd mentality.

No bull, niether or troll has ever expressed a view that has bothered me or changed my view that HPC is going to happen.

The thing that has bothered me is learning how dishonest our politicians are and that they may be leading us into a depression 1929 style.

PS I do think the mods are right to let us know if someone has multiple IDs.

It is also the only place I have been able to really express my bear sentiments, cos its difficult and unwelcome to express them to friends and family who are indoctinated with the bull sentiment by the media and a herd mentality.

I think that the majority of HPC bears feel the same way.

I'm in no way suggesting that the Bulls shouldn't be allowed to post. Just most interested in their motivations, which I've always regarded as highly suspect.

Well as a neither (with a bearish short term view, but a belief that taking a ten year+ view, property will almost always rise in value), I probably qualify as a bull to the more extreme bears, so I will answer.

As a "one stop shop" for property related news items, this site is actually pretty much unrivalled, which is a good reason to visit. As for posting, well as the short term outlook becomes more bearish, it becomes more interesting and relevent to discuss things with "out and out" bears, as well as getting different opinions.

When I have a different opinion that is perhaps not advocated on this site, I will express it. This surely is good for both "sides" of any give debate (and of course as a "neither", I could be on either side depending on the extact nature of the discussion), who are then able to assess the views provided, and look at their own perceptions in the light of these issues.

Surely that is what any good board, be it about property or football (for example) should seek to do ? . I know that this is primarilly a bearish site (the clue is kinda in the name . . . .must admit I've always thought www.housepricecrash?.co.uk would be more appropriate), but surely most would agree that any discussion board is richer for having the "opposing" view represented as well.

Guest wrongmove
Bulls,

You are confusing market outlook with desire.

It is quite possible to be bullish on the market, while having no property and really wanting or even needing a fall. (e.g. a young person in 2003)

It is quite possible to be bearish while deciding not to sell the family home.

Perhaps we need two labels each - I could be a neither/wannacrash then - would avoid a lot of confusion!

I agree, in fact I'll even put up with a few trolls as the bulls are needed to keep the bears honest. I'm a STR'r and it's absolutely in my interest to see property drop 50%, 60%, 70% or more in nominal terms, but I'd rather listen to a balanced and reasoned discussion than have my property fantasies pandered to! So welcome bulls and please keep posting.

Spot on Silver Surfer. The bulls are very welcome and are a good antedote to the "Financial Armageddonist Bears" of which we have a few, 100% correct, guaranteed ;)

I am quite comfortable with all shades of opinion...my personal position is that the whole housing situation/economic background looks dire. However, I could be wrong...it will all be played out in the fulness of time!

Tories,

Why do you sit in the house of commons. I mean really?

As Tories, I presume you've taken one or more constituencies. As I see it you have commited yourself to the poltical process, for better or for worse.

If you fully believe in "democracy" then why not sit back and relax? Why bother?

Labour have a good reason to be in the house of commons of course. Its one of the few places in which the received wisdom of the populace is reviewed and largely rejected.

Personally I found it great to find people who shared my views and offered ranting, frothing at the mouth support of the same. But its not like there has been any shortage of Labour MPs gabbing on about the never ending rise and rise of powers. So again, why bother?

Some have suggested that the Tories are doing their bit to resist the massive media power of the Labour machine. Which is laughable really.

We are a tiny minority of people. A micro-dot compared to the general populace. So again, why bother?

Some seem to be out and out right wingers. But really, if thats your cup of tea, hop over to UKIP and tell them all Hans Olo EMP SuX, British Empire rulz U Noobs!.

I, and presumably a good few NuLabs faithful, hope you take the time to respond and await your answers with interest.

Editted for the truth (and comedy value - oh and the serious point that opposition is a good thing).

We need bulls for a balanced debate but with things being the way they are i can see that the bulls get feed up with being shoot down here at HPC.

Bring back TTRTR

I don't know about bulls and bears but i've become a Pig as i start to stock up on food just in case we get a full blown meltdown or another 9/11 style false flag attack. i take them at their words when they say it's not a question of 'If' but 'When'