House Price Crash Forum

A Great Listen - Uk Sub-prime On Bbc R5 Live

HOLA441

http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/programmes/f...ivereport.shtml

Listen to Mortgage Mayhem - heard the FSA guy say that the FSA had put many brokers and some broking firms out of business. Is this the case?

Listed to the Citizens Advice spokesman - you'll love what he says!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by gruffydd

HOLA442

Listen to the FSA guy at the end - our friend Ray suggests banning brokers from business. The FSA bloke answers a different question. Being a PR guy, I'm very tuned into this type of technique. I really am not entirely sure about his claim that the FSA had put alot of brokers and some broking firms out of business, for mis-selling mortgages, either. Will look in to this.

Have looked into this briefly and this is all I can find about financial advisers being closed down by the FSA< and not for mis-selling mortgages.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/news/columnis...p;in_page_id=19

Edited by gruffydd

HOLA443

Extract: "Against this background of rampant mis-selling and the trail of misery it has left over decades, it seems incredible to report that it was only last week that the Financial Services Authority banned David M Aaron (Personal Finance Planners) Ltd for mis-selling precipice bonds in the late 1990s and the early 2000s.

It beggars belief that David Aaron Ltd, based in Woburn Sands, Buckinghamshire, is the first firm of financial advisers to be banned by the FSA for the specific financial crime of mis-selling. "

HOLA444
HOLA445

I only caught a bit of this, but the problems that were being mentioned on the bit I heard were exactly the same problems that I had read was happening over on the US: agressive selling and no worrying about the ability to repay.

No sub prime over here?

Yeah, right.

HOLA446
HOLA447
I only caught a bit of this, but the problems that were being mentioned on the bit I heard were exactly the same problems that I had read was happening over on the US: agressive selling and no worrying about the ability to repay.

No sub prime over here?

Yeah, right.

i have no worry about their ability to repay - if they can't repay, reposess - prices down

HOLA448

I was listening to 5live at about 11am this morning and the UK subprime figure was quoted as 8% (not sure if this is all mortgages or mortgages over the last year or something). but its the first time I've heard a specific figure mentioned, anywhere.

One story during the programme was crazy - two people in their late 50s, on benefits, given a 55K mortgage over 25years. The daughters income was taken into account too, but she's also on benefits :lol::lol: unbelievable! These couple of numpties signed on the dotted line but didn't read the small print, because they can't furkin read :o:lol:

What a shocker! Now their entire income goes on the mortgage. they can't even afford to eat cat food :lol:

I feel some sympathy for them. but they probably saw it as some get rich quick scheme and were more than likely pushed into it by the daughter. what a sick world we live in :lol: