House Price Crash Forum

Telegraph : House Prices : On The Edge

Apologies to PotNoodle for repeating his thread, but I thought the Telegraph title had more impact and didn't want peeps to miss this.

As well as a story in the main section, they are running a property special in the Money&Jobs section. The section's front cover is given over to this half page picture of a house falling off a cliff :

cmhouse.jpg

... married with the headline House prices: on the edge . The special extends from pages 1-7.

Read the front cover article here.

Edited by Sledgehead
"This time last year we had 80 properties to sell and now we have 240. There are too many houses and not enough buyers," he says. "We are having to reduce prices. A house that might have sold at £290,000 last year will be put on the market this year at £250,000 and still struggle to sell."

How pleasing :) ...................................... :D ...................................... :lol::lol:

"This time last year we had 80 properties to sell and now we have 240. There are too many houses and not enough buyers," he says. "We are having to reduce prices. A house that might have sold at £290,000 last year will be put on the market this year at £250,000 and still struggle to sell."

How pleasing :) ...................................... :D ...................................... :lol::lol:

.. but you have to marry that with another EA quote in the same article to appreciate the full meaning of that quote:

Mike Evans of Ibbett Mosely, says in Maidstone "People are not putting houses on the market just to test it. Hips have killed that activity."

Just imagine just how many more properties would be on the market with normal testing activity.

What happened to all the 'demand' for property? :lol:

Guest Popalot

Whta was great about this article is how they found all these EAs saying Haliwide's data basically lied about the real picture aka "it lags the market by 3 months". I imagine that all those local EAs hate the big chains and their manipulation, especially when it makes it harder for them to persuade greedy sellers to drop their prices, which they know they must. Oh yes...... :lol:

Read the front cover article here.

Wow. that's a great article. Really good to hear someone talking about Maidstone and the SE where I live.

The only confusions is the real figues though. How can NW have increases where other organisations have decreases?. I guess the LR records are the only true figure?.

Wow. that's a great article. Really good to hear someone talking about Maidstone and the SE where I live.

The only confusions is the real figues though. How can NW have increases where other organisations have decreases?. I guess the LR records are the only true figure?.

Not even the LR data I'm afraid .. it seems they only record the stated price and not the actual price. According to a prog on Radio 4 that was aired a couple of weeks back there has been a massive scam with new build properties where the stated price is about 15% higher than the actual price paid. So even the LR figures are distorted. I am in the SE too - Kent coast - where are you ?

...it seems they only record the stated price and not the actual price. According to a prog on Radio 4 that was aired a couple of weeks back there has been a massive scam with new build properties where the stated price is about 15% higher than the actual price paid. ....

Is that not to do with the gifting of deposits and other fixtures?

(please, no Winston Smith references in any replies)

.. but you have to marry that with another EA quote in the same article to appreciate the full meaning of that quote:

Mike Evans of Ibbett Mosely, says in Maidstone "People are not putting houses on the market just to test it. Hips have killed that activity."

Just imagine just how many more properties would be on the market with normal testing activity.

Imagine what an absence of kite flyers must be doing to asking prices in some areas....

btp