House Price Crash Forum
Guest vicmac64

Nero Brown Knows Its All Over - And Real Soon Too...

Guest vicmac64

Of course the fire started when he became chancellor, the fuel was 'debt', public and personal. Right now we have passed the containable stage, this fire will now run its course and it will not be pretty for the UK.

Fact 1 There is no more appetite for debt - the nation has realised that more debt is simply not an option - we have maxed out on debt

Fact 2 There can only be one direction as firms find trading more challenging - layoffs commensurate to the scale of downturn

Fact 3 Banks dont trust each other and nobody really knows how solvent they are - if at all.

Fact 4 Houses are falling in Price - Negative Equity is alive TODAY

Fact 5 Public services are now a millstone - sucking taxes and making our economy even less sustainable

Expect major depressionary news concerning The Stock Markets, Economy, Housing, Banking and Pensions within the next few weeks.

And get used to looking at Nero's face as he makes life even worse when you think it could'nt possibly get any worse.

I predict he will be regarded as the most hated PM of all time.

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
Of course the fire started when he became chancellor, the fuel was 'debt', public and personal. Right now we have passed the containable stage, this fire will now run its course and it will not be pretty for the UK.

Fact 1 There is no more appetite for debt - the nation has realised that more debt is simply not an option - we have maxed out on debt

Fact 2 There can only be one direction as firms find trading more challenging - layoffs commensurate to the scale of downturn

Fact 3 Banks dont trust each other and nobody really knows how solvent they are - if at all.

Fact 5 Public services are now a millstone - sucking taxes and making our economy even less sustainable

Expect major depressionary news concerning The Stock Markets, Economy, Housing, Banking and Pensions within the next few weeks.

And get used to looking at Nero's face as he makes life even worse when you think it could'nt possibly get any worse.

Cheer up, you ****.

I was very surprised he pulled the snap election.

All parties' poll ratings go up when they have a conference so the Conservative bounce should have been no surprise.

He's just missed his best chance, the economy falling off a cliff means he'll have no hope in a couple of years.

Well that sort of sums it all up in a few lines, hated PM of all time yes, more importantly the most hated Chance-elllor of all time, yes in my book.

How one man ruined UK plc in the late 90's to early ????'s by ??????????????????

That will be the title, with a big mug shot of Crash himself, in all his glory, lock jaw himself?

vicmac64...I fully agree with your post. You say a few weeks for the reckoning...not too sure about this. Governments and financial institutions are very adept at 'papering over the cracks', and they could contrive to keep the party going for a bit longer.

A big bust there will certainly be at some point, but calling the time is very difficult.

vicmac64...I fully agree with your post. You say a few weeks for the reckoning...not too sure about this. Governments and financial institutions are very adept at 'papering over the cracks', and they could contrive to keep the party going for a bit longer.

A big bust there will certainly be at some point, but calling the time is very difficult.

Agree with this.

Comments at the bottom of Nouriel Roubini's blog of 5 Oct

weak data = Fed ease, stocks rally

consensus data = lower volatility, stocks rally

strong data = economy strengthening, stocks rally

bank loses $4bln = bad news out of the way,stocks rally

oil spikes = great for energy companies, stocks rally

oildrops = great for the consumer, stocks rally

dollar plunges = great for multinationals, stocks rally

dollar spikes = lowers inflation, stocks rally

inflation spikes = will inflate all assets, stocks rally

inflation drops = improves earnings quality, stocks rally

http://www.rgemonitor.com/blog/roubini/218846/

Market behaviour seems totally illogical, there is no bad news that cannot be given a positive spin. Like the currency markets, there is always a bull there somewhere.

Guest mattsta1964

They've been papering over the cracks for 10 years

The UK stopped earning a living for itself over 30 years ago, possibly earlier. In fact I venture that the UK has been heading for bankruptcy ever since the welfare state was founded after WW2. Bear in mind that the UK WAS bankrupt after WW2 and was only saved by the Marshall Plan.

Both sides of the political spectrum are equally responsible for the mess IMO but Gordon Brown has been a supreme disaster for the UK. His profligacy will break the camel's back.

I'd like to see the IP logs for this site.

Vicmac's posts always followed closely by one from dancer7, aways agreeing.

Coincidence? I think not.

ST

All parties' poll ratings go up when they have a conference so the Conservative bounce should have been no surprise.

He's just missed his best chance, the economy falling off a cliff means he'll have no hope in a couple of years.

I was very scared when he pulled the election. It means that the real shit starts, or has a very good chance of starting, in the very near future.

Better start that war then!!!.....he needs a diversion from the economic maelstrom heading his way.

Gordon's psychology is based on pride and lust for power. Better 2 years in No. 10 that is guaranteed (failing a vote of confidence that he loses) than the terrible possibility that David might oust him given that the economy will be at full crash speed next month. He will be thinking that Great Crash 2 might, just might, blow through in 2 years time in which case he has a shot at 5 more years of miracle making. After having waited 10 years there is simply no way Gordon is not going to wallow in the pride of being PM--no matter what happens to the economy and his miracle.

Guest Popalot
Gordon's psychology is based on pride and lust for power. Better 2 years in No. 10 that is guaranteed (failing a vote of confidence that he loses) than the terrible possibility that David might oust him given that the economy will be at full crash speed next month. He will be thinking that Great Crash 2 might, just might, blow through in 2 years time in which case he has a shot at 5 more years of miracle making. After having waited 10 years there is simply no way Gordon is not going to wallow in the pride of being PM--no matter what happens to the economy and his miracle.

Agreed. Gollum and "My Precious" is the key to unlocking the Brownian psyche.........

They've been papering over the cracks for 10 years

The UK stopped earning a living for itself over 30 years ago, possibly earlier. In fact I venture that the UK has been heading for bankruptcy ever since the welfare state was founded after WW2. Bear in mind that the UK WAS bankrupt after WW2 and was only saved by the Marshall Plan.

Both sides of the political spectrum are equally responsible for the mess IMO but Gordon Brown has been a supreme disaster for the UK. His profligacy will break the camel's back.

Sterling is the world's most highly valued currency--or was until the Euro decoupled. We have borrowed our way to the top slot and as soon as the markets work out that all that debt cannot be repaid without causing significant pain to the economy sterling will find itself returning to its true level viz purchasing power. There is a reason why everything is so expensive in the UK--why we pay double for our houses and cars. Its because our currency is worthless internally due to the miracle economy. It has decent purchasing power overseas, in the US especially, but it cannot last. The imbalance is massive and rests on the housing market and all the peripheral industries that surround it (more than 70% of the economy)surviving Great Crash 2.

Darling is already downgrading the economy for next year. If sterling survives it will be yet another miracle.

Guest vicmac64
I'd like to see the IP logs for this site.

Vicmac's posts always followed closely by one from dancer7, aways agreeing.

Coincidence? I think not.

ST

mmm into conspiracy theories then... ha ha, see all you like I have only one account.

I was very scared when he pulled the election. It means that the real shit starts, or has a very good chance of starting, in the very near future.

I'm 33... the last time I felt genuinely frightened I was 17... at 1am going out to secure a dumper truck stolen by vandals in a city centre... where the police said "we'd prefer not to go any further - you go on in."

The next thing that absolutely terrified me is that since I was 17 I've preferred BBC News - it is well presented; interesting; polished and seldom commits the sin of sensationalism. I watched Mervyn King for the entire session in front of the treasury select committee and was *unbelievably* impressed with his performance. However, on popping on News 24, I was shocked to find that the BBC only reported what allegations were put to Mervyn - and not Mervyns spectacular answers... which made me start to question pretty much everything I've ever trusted. I know some people will say "BBC gave a pro-government spin - what a surprise?" - but that *REALLY* fails to grasp the gravity of the situation. The BBC would rather the public believe that our currency is debased than to assume that there is some kind of economic problem within Britain.

I have never, ever felt as frightened as I was by that cavalier reporting... not because there was an error - but because it means that the VAST majority of people in Britain are blissfully unaware of what they can and can not afford to do... and the government and/or BBC is actively encouraging popular delusion. I assumed that we were in a news blackout until a resolution could be found... which I expected within hours... Nothing...

I've talked to my (really) prudent and highly educated (minimum degree level) friends... and they didn't really grasp inflation or its relation to interest rates... What on earth must the crowd who didn't study mathematics until the age of 21 be thinking?

Guest Popalot
mmm into conspiracy theories then... ha ha, see all you like I have only one account.

Probably dancer7 is like me - whenever I see vicmac has posted I go there, because he is good value and generally spot on :P

Guest vicmac64
Probably dancer7 is like me - whenever I see vicmac has posted I go there, because he is good value and generally spot on :P

You are generally on the mark yourself, me - I called a marked crash at the end of first week Sept and got it wrong!!! So its really my personal opinion but I think I have been right more times than wrong.