House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justice

40 Quid Fine If You Produce More Than A Sack Of Rubbish

Even if the fine becomes five times bigger like parking tickets then it will be no good dumping you rubish as they will look for DNA to enforce the traconian tax on to the public.

See what plans they will have when we all have RFID's fitted and all money is electronic.

Are you enjoying your police state where mugging someone carries a smaller penalty then avoiding stealth taxes.

any wonder so many people want to get away from the UK.

Even if the fine becomes five times bigger like parking tickets then it will be no good dumping you rubish as they will look for DNA to enforce the traconian tax on to the public.

See what plans they will have when we all have RFID's fitted and all money is electronic.

Are you enjoying your police state where mugging someone carries a smaller penalty then avoiding stealth taxes.

Final straw...I'm off to pack my cases.... :lol: Almost anywhere else in the world is preferable, but I think Australia is best. The only draconian rule they have there about rubbish is that if you don't turn the handle tof your wheelie bin towards the road on bin day, they leave it full! :rolleyes:

Wheelie bins already have RFID in them!

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article...+bin/article.do

Electronic spy 'bugs' have been secretly planted in hundreds of thousands of household wheelie bins.

The gadgets - mostly installed by companies based in Germany - transmit information about the contents of the bins to a central database which then keeps records on the waste disposal habits of each individual address.

Already some 500,000 bins in council districts across England have been fitted with the bugs - with nearly all areas expected to follow suit within the next couple of years.

And if you have bought any new item of high price clothing or some stuff like toasters you have a house full of the ******* as well.

I love big brother. /nervous

And if you have bought any new item of high price clothing or some stuff like toasters you have a house full of the ******* as well.

Yes but your toaster isn't going to report back how many slices of toast you have had. How powerful do you think these devices are?

Yes but your toaster isn't going to report back how many slices of toast you have had. How powerful do you think these devices are?

No idea. Don't care.

Give it time !

Fridges are going to the first to report back so that they can be topped up with certain goods like milk as soon as they run out and once a house has a central point ot report back then god knows where it will end.

Your thread title must refer to the story in the Mail about plans to force householders to pay 28p per additional sack of rubbish per week. The Mail claims that the bags are 3 times more expensive than the ones you can buy in the shop - hence for an average household throwing out 4 bags a week, this adds up to 40 pounds per year.

2 things about this :

1) 4 bin bags a week is a lot. If this is the average, then there must be people chucking out a lot more bags a week than this. I don't have a problem with trying to get people to cut down.

2) They ignored the fact that you'd still have to buy additional bags anyway. Using their own figures, it reduces the bill to less than £30 per year.

All they're doing is selling households additional bags for 28 pence each, in an attempt to get people to cut down on the huge amount of waste we produce. Sounds like a good idea to me. No chips, no surveillance, no sinister motive.

Can I ask what technology this involves? Seems expensive & quite advanced for 2007... Unless this device merely weighs the rubbish collected?

Currently my household generates less than one wheelie bin a month of rubbish some times only one every 2 months.

All paper is shredded and composted. All recyclables are seperated inc glass, metal tins etc.

Now then why should my council tax pay for other peoples rubbish to be carted away by the bag load?

With just a little effort most people could significantly reduce the amount of rubbish going to land fill.

Can I ask what technology this involves? Seems expensive & quite advanced for 2007... Unless this device merely weighs the rubbish collected?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2003/06/27/rfid_chips_are_here/

Stuff that's been chipped - employee uniforms, cash, military hardware

Stuff that will be chipped - everything you own and eventually you and your kids.

--------------------------------

On topix.

Stealing is wrong.

It's wrong if you then use the money to remove rubbish.

Coercion is wrong. It's wrong even if you call yourself "councillor".

I find it a great shame that the only debate is about how much we will or should steal and force and not whether it shoul dhappen at all.

Stuff that will be chipped - everything you own and eventually you and your kids.

--------------------------------

On topix.

Stealing is wrong.

It's wrong if you then use the money to remove rubbish.

Coercion is wrong. It's wrong even if you call yourself "councillor".

I find it a great shame that the only debate is about how much we will or should steal and force and not whether it should happen at all.

Injin how would you propose we deal with household rubbish without resorting to "stealing"?

A voluntary scheme whereby we volunteer to pay £x per month for a collection service? I could live with that providing I got a reduction in council tax.

Do you support any government taxation and spending at all?

Injin how would you propose we deal with household rubbish without resorting to "stealing"?

A voluntary scheme whereby we volunteer to pay £x per month for a collection service? I could live with that providing I got a reduction in council tax.

Do you support any government taxation and spending at all?

I don't support any taxation and spending at all, no. It's completely irrational.

I would say it was very easy - at the moment councils take tax money and then put the offers out to private tender. (Facist model of governance)

Just let anyone who wants to take rubbish away do so. Sorted.

My friend puts all her black bags of rubbish in the doorway of the charity shop opposite after it closes. By dawn it has all disappeared. Easy. Why can't councils adopt the same approach.

My friend puts all her black bags of rubbish in the doorway of the charity shop opposite after it closes. By dawn it has all disappeared. Easy. Why can't councils adopt the same approach.

Because you can't take money from people that way.

What we call rubbish is actually resources. Check history, people in olden days used to even remove shit from the doorstep and sell it to farmers and make sulphur from urine.

The hodge podge or plastics, paper, food etc that is in the modern bin could be incredibly valuable in the right hands.

well that opened my eyes! I would argue we will not see this for some time but it is clearly inevitable, regardless of the iintentions of those wishing to instigate such schemes.

I don't support any taxation and spending at all, no. It's completely irrational.

I would say it was very easy - at the moment councils take tax money and then put the offers out to private tender. (Facist model of governance)

Just let anyone who wants to take rubbish away do so. Sorted.

Not even a caretaker government? How do you fund a navy? Children's homes... that kind of thing?

What happens when the scumbags at number 12 let the rubbish pile up and fester in their front garden attracting rats and other vermin?

Not even a caretaker government? How do you fund a navy? Children's homes... that kind of thing?

What happens when the scumbags at number 12 let the rubbish pile up and fester in their front garden attracting rats and other vermin?

How do you finance children's homes now?

What happens when YOU let rubbish pile up in your garden and it attracts rats and other vermin?

How do you finance children's homes now?

What happens when YOU let rubbish pile up in your garden and it attracts rats and other vermin?

Tax.

Environmental health come and clear it away.

Tax.

Children's homes can only be provided through stealing?

I doubt this somehow.

and....

Environmental health come and clear it away.

Not your neighbours?

Children's homes can only be provided through stealing?

I doubt this somehow.

I don't think they could fund it on donations alone. Maybe a workhouse would be the tax free way?

and....

Not your neighbours?

Nope... do you often go cleaning your neighbours property? :blink:

I don't think they could fund it on donations alone. Maybe a workhouse would be the tax free way?

So there is no demand for children's homes?

and -

Nope... do you often go cleaning your neighbours property? blink.gif

No. No one I know does either. Which is rather the point.

You've pointed to two examples where tax pays for things that no one wants doing. In that case, why do them?

Final straw...I'm off to pack my cases.... :lol: Almost anywhere else in the world is preferable, but I think Australia is best. The only draconian rule they have there about rubbish is that if you don't turn the handle tof your wheelie bin towards the road on bin day, they leave it full! :rolleyes:

Er - have you ever been to Australia or lived there. Me thinks you might have a different experience ;)

So there is no demand for children's homes?

and -

No. No one I know does either. Which is rather the point.

You've pointed to two examples where tax pays for things that no one wants doing. In that case, why do them?

There's huge demand for kids homes but nobody steps up to the plate voluntarily - look at places like Brazil.

There's huge demand for kids homes but nobody steps up to the plate voluntarily - look at places like Brazil.

Well, yeah.

No one wants them to exist, and in places where people aren't coerced into having them, they don't. What's wrong with that?

Well, yeah.

No one wants them to exist, and in places where people aren't coerced into having them, they don't. What's wrong with that?

Are you really that obtuse?

Do you want to see kids in abject poverty living on the streets uncared for?