House Price Crash Forum

Questions For The Ea

HOLA441

I have got a valuation being given today for our house as we are thinking of moving. I have got a few questions for him/her as to their thoughts on the current market and the market forecast

I had a valuation by another agent a few weeks ago and he was quite bearish for the future. He said that things were moving well in upper parts of the market while the "bread and butter" house were very stagnant. "houses are selling but they are very price sensitive". This means that people are no longer willing to pay over the top.

I dont want to come over as sexist but I am hoping that it will be a bloke and not a woman valuing it as my experience with women EA's is they are mostly full of crap, cant give a straight answer and dont listen to what you tell them.

Anything i should ask this EA today? Appointment at 12.30

HOLA442
Guest An Bearin Bui
my experience with women EA's is they are mostly full of crap, cant give a straight answer and dont listen to what you tell them.

That sounds like a general job description for all estate agents, not just the female half of the "profession" :D

What would I know though - I try to avoid all property sector types like the plague...

HOLA443
Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
I have got a valuation being given today for our house as we are thinking of moving. I have got a few questions for him/her as to their thoughts on the current market and the market forecast

I had a valuation by another agent a few weeks ago and he was quite bearish for the future. He said that things were moving well in upper parts of the market while the "bread and butter" house were very stagnant. "houses are selling but they are very price sensitive". This means that people are no longer willing to pay over the top.

I dont want to come over as sexist but I am hoping that it will be a bloke and not a woman valuing it as my experience with women EA's is they are mostly full of crap, cant give a straight answer and dont listen to what you tell them.

Anything i should ask this EA today? Appointment at 12.30

I'm thinking of inviting a few EAs over and keeping them locked up in the basement for brainwashing until all they can say is "Houseprices only go down". It's a radical technique, granted, but these are unusual times.

HOLA444
HOLA445
Ask them how many houses they sold like this last month, and how many they sold the September before and what was the difference in average price between the two months.

Its one of the questions i was asking but not so specific in asking numbers. Will be asking

How are you finding the market at the moment?

Has there been a big change in sales over the last few months? Has Northern Rock and HIPs had any impact?

What do you think is causing the fall in sales?

What do you think the next few months hold in store?

How are sellers responding at the moment?

If they say there are no fall in sales and that everything is bullish, I might turn into piss take mode and then show them the door. I wouldn't trust the sale of my house with someone thats full of s**t

HOLA446
Ask them how many houses they sold like this last month, and how many they sold the September before and what was the difference in average price between the two months.

No point asking them how many they sold as they would say 10 if they sold '1' or 20 if sold '2'. Ask them if they have another job lined up for the future :lol:

HOLA447
No point asking them how many they sold as they would say 10 if they sold '1' or 20 if sold '2'. Ask them if they have another job lined up for the future :lol:

'It is different this time' I like reading all your posts, you speak from your heart :rolleyes::lol:

Edited by poorman

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Start off by saying you will give them three weeks, and then you will be off to a different agent. Then ask what price you should market at.

HOLA4411
Start off by saying you will give them three weeks, and then you will be off to a different agent. Then ask what price you should market at.

Ask her what she is doing this evening, if she says she is with a client then you know she is bullsh1tting, if she is doing nothing then explain a women doing nothing is a waste of resources, and she should come over for a bag of pork scratchings washed down with a can of party seven.

HOLA4412

Remember that agents are sales people and as such many of them are very good at selling themselves. Be wary of this as they want your house on their books and may overinflate the valuation or be excessively enthusiastic to get you signed up. From personal experience I know this is cold comfort 6 weeks later when you have to drop the price or a sale falls through post survey.

If at all possible I would avoid the big chains and try and go somewhere local.

I wouldnt bother asking any in depth questions about the state of the market. I cant see what good it would do.

HOLA4413
I have got a valuation being given today for our house as we are thinking of moving.

GULP

I really hope that when you refer to 'our house' if you have a partner, I hope they are male!!