House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dr Doom

Wtc7? Wtf! Controlled Demolition?

i think the conspiracy theorists have covered this before...

1/ needed thermite to burn through steel structures in the basement

2/ petrol fuel fire not hot enough to melt the metal

3/ time to collapse was rapid (compared to all other structure fires)

4/ passport of terrorist found from plane crash

5/ no airplane parts found at crash sites

6/ wrong aircraft parts layed at crash sites

7/ Twin towers had significantly reduced staff levels

8/ all security cameras in towers were turned off 2 weeks prior (which had never ever happened before)

9/ towers security was george bushs extended family

plus all other stuff

i think the conspiracy theorists have covered this before...

1/ needed thermite to burn through steel structures in the basement

2/ petrol fuel fire not hot enough to melt the metal

3/ time to collapse was rapid (compared to all other structure fires)

4/ passport of terrorist found from plane crash

5/ no airplane parts found at crash sites

6/ wrong aircraft parts layed at crash sites

7/ Twin towers had significantly reduced staff levels

8/ all security cameras in towers were turned off 2 weeks prior (which had never ever happened before)

9/ towers security was george bushs extended family

plus all other stuff

Oh dear. This website is about House Price Crashes not your pet conspiracy theories.

BTW, all the points have been exaustively answered many times before. Steel structures weaken significantly at high temperatures - no theory claims melting was involved. This is a red herring.

And before you try and bullsh!t me with more ridiculous arguments, I am a physicist. If you want to argue with me you are going to have to convince me that you have done some proper modelling studies. It is impossible to use everyday intuition to analyse events of which you have no experience and are very rare.

Oh dear. This website is about House Price Crashes not your pet conspiracy theories.

BTW, all the points have been exaustively answered many times before. Steel structures weaken significantly at high temperatures - no theory claims melting was involved. This is a red herring.

And before you try and bullsh!t me with more ridiculous arguments, I am a physicist. If you want to argue with me you are going to have to convince me that you have done some proper modelling studies. It is impossible to use everyday intuition to analyse events of which you have no experience and are very rare.

Have you looked at Dr. Stephen Jone's research?

He's also a top physicist.

Have you looked at Dr. Stephen Jone's research?

He's also a top physicist.

I have watched and read numerous 911 conspiracy theory material.

They consist of numerous red herrings and misleading statements such as the "molten metal" argument but never actually put forward any coherent theory of their own. Their sole purpose is to sow doubt in the minds of the those susceptible to believing these types of things.

He's not a "top physicist." His 911 "paper" does not contain any serious physics. Read a real physics paper in a reputable journal and then see what a proper scientific paper involves.

what people who have never run computer simulations do not understand is that the results are entirely dependant on the parameters you choose. I do not know what parameters were used in this video and nor can I reproduce their results unless I have them. Send me a link to something with enough detail to make it reproduceable.

wtc-7.gif

there is a video interview in which larry silverberg (the owner of the WTC complex), says that "he decided to PULL the building"...

the term PULL is used in demolition circles...(it means to bring a building down in a controlled manner)...

this would also mean that explosives would have had to be lanted in WT7 weeks in advance...

WTF - Think you accidentally posted on the wrong site. You need www.stupidconspiracytheoriesforpeoplewhobelievethissh*te.com.

WTF - Think you accidentally posted on the wrong site. You need www.stupidconspiracytheoriesforpeoplewhobelievethissh*te.com.

It's important that this information reaches the mainstream.

Otherwise we are all completely f))ked as Gordon Brown will lead

us into WW3 with Iran and a "New World Order".

What is really worrying is that there's a thinly veiled streak of anti-semitism in all this nonsense. Dr. Doom also posted links to nonsense about Bilderberg.

no...i believe that i have the correct website...

i suggest that you visit...http://dumbasseswhostillbelievethegovernmentsstory.com...

what people who have never run computer simulations do not understand is that the results are entirely dependant on the parameters you choose. I do not know what parameters were used in this video and nor can I reproduce their results unless I have them. Send me a link to something with enough detail to make it reproduceable.

i would have though obvious they would have put in the correct steel strengths and temps for this exercise.

anyway. find your own. email the poster of that video for details.

you asked for some science and i sent you some science.

no...i believe that i have the correct website...

i suggest that you visit...http://dumbasseswhostillbelievethegovernmentsstory.com...

Come on mods - what has this got to do with housepricecrash?

Come on mods - what has this got to do with housepricecrash?

WTC7 was a "house" of sorts, which CRASHED into the ground at an unprecedented speed.

And then a huge insurance claim was made,

not dissimilar to what will happen after the main UK HPC we will get to see here.

YIPPEE - edit: (but my condolences to those who lose out in the coming hpc)

Don't know much about the structure of WT7 but the Twins has fascinated me.

Heating metal is part of my job and I don't believe any of the official "truths" but I don't take solely the unofficial ones either. But the Twins is bizarre to me, steel will buckle not collapse before then melting, and would need very high even temperatures for a sustained period to do so. How does a steel structure collapse straight down without twisting or leaning, when the weak points would take the full brunt first? Unless by pure luck all supports got damaged, heated and buckled equally at the same time. There is a point that the sections joined together would create a domino effect and the rivets and bolts might have been inferior and melted or stretched but I can't see that happening the whole length of the buildings. I'm still studying the mangled wreak to see if it holds clues as to what part design and temperature played but I'm still very suspicious of its "perfect destruction" as I know that temperature vs metal act differently in uncontrolled enviroments and multiple variables occur. :ph34r:

Don't know much about the structure of WT7 but the Twins has fascinated me.

Heating metal is part of my job and I don't believe any of the official "truths" but I don't take solely the unofficial ones either. But the Twins is bizarre to me, steel will buckle not collapse before then melting, and would need very high even temperatures for a sustained period to do so. How does a steel structure collapse straight down without twisting or leaning, when the weak points would take the full brunt first? Unless by pure luck all supports got damaged, heated and buckled equally at the same time. There is a point that the sections joined together would create a domino effect and the rivets and bolts might have been inferior and melted or stretched but I can't see that happening the whole length of the buildings. I'm still studying the mangled wreak to see if it holds clues as to what part design and temperature played but I'm still very suspicious of its "perfect destruction" as I know that temperature vs metal act differently in uncontrolled enviroments and multiple variables occur. :ph34r:

I salute you sir, don't shy away from what you know in you heart is right.

Keep pushing for the truth, more and more are joining you every day, and pushing for the truth.

kudos

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
wtc-7.gif

Yep. There's a lot of stuff about 9/11 which seems unusual, and these days I'm open to alternative interpretation.

It's almost like, well, like these towers were brought down in a controlled fashion.

If you're going to do that, surely you wait until the buildings are cleared.

There aren't any other highrise buildings that have collapsed through fire apparently.

Definitely worth a good weekend of looking through what's on the web, even if you conclude it's all wacko.

I can believe the Americans are capable of all manner of things, there's a load of ******ing loons over there.

Guest Skint Academic
I salute you sir, don't shy away from what you know in you heart is right.

Keep pushing for the truth, more and more are joining you every day, and pushing for the truth.

kudos

OK, have I just joined a religious forum?

But Dr Doom is right. My Barbeque didn't melt when I tried cooking on it like Justice told me. ;)

As Justice would say - "You should learn some physics" (Oh I see you have - You should learn some chemistty then). ;)

:lol::lol::lol:

Baz

i would have though obvious they would have put in the correct steel strengths and temps for this exercise.

anyway. find your own. email the poster of that video for details.

you asked for some science and i sent you some science.

Its not at all obvious - there are many other parameters than that.

Do you think scientists communicate with each other by making fancy animations which they then put on YouTube?