House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Battenberg

Should I Credit Reference Be Shown To The Landlord By The Agent?

I'm mighty miffed to say the least.

We are in the process of sorting out an agreement to rent a property and we received an email from the agent stating the landlord was happy to proceed - having read the requirements we had laid out - subject to a satisfactory credit reference.

Yesterday I was emailed a copy of the credit reference which was also sent to our prospective Landlord. It showed hubby's income and details and I'm a bit pi$$ed that it was sent to the LL. I contacted the credit agency just to ask a general inquiry regarding the report and they went nuts with me saying I shouldn't have seen the report. At the bottom it states it is only for the agency and the credit agency not for anyone else to see.

Should I bring this up with the agent as I feel it goes against the data protection act and I'm annoyed that the landlord knows more personal details other than the fact that our report was fine, which was all he needed to know?