House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The_Oldie

Massive Turnaround In Polls

Guest The_Oldie

Just announced on Sky News, not on website yet.

Labour still ahead but lead greatly reduced, I can't see an early election now.

Just announced on Sky News, not on website yet.

Labour still ahead but lead greatly reduced, I can't see an early election now.

As much as I don't like Brown, I very much doubt Forest Gump has much of a chance, the best he can hope for is a mild thrashing.

Guest The_Oldie

It looks as though Cameron may well delay the election for a couple of years though, leaving Brown holding the parcel.

Guest Bart of Darkness
It looks as though Cameron may well delay the election for a couple of years though, leaving Brown holding the parcel.

From Cameron's point of view that's probably the best result he could hope for.

As long as Labour are perceived as being a "safe pair of hands" as regards the economy, the other parties will struggle.

Guest The_Oldie
i dont think cameron will be anymore truthful or less deceitful than brown.

To be honest, I'm more worried about his friend and housing market advisor Kirstie Allsopp.

Its funny I don't here much about Ming "the Merciless" Campbell and the Libdems on here.

Given that Numpty no.1 and numpty no. 2 are both crap, I weuld have thought more people would go for door number 3.

You have to wonder whether Labour's own private polls were already indicating that their party's prospects at the next General Election were far from bullet proof. This may explain why Brown has not yet opted to call the ballot. The next election is probably going to be very close. Certainly, it is not going to be the Labour walkover some people were assuming only a week ago.

Edited by up2nogood

To be honest, I'm more worried about his friend and housing market advisor Kirstie Allsopp.

it'll be the same or possibly even worse under cameron.

hes in opposition now and should be tearing gordon brown a strip for the economy, but he keeps schtum. plays the game.

if i could see or hear a new tory voice that was truthful about this whole economic mess, id vote tory right now.

Edited by right_freds_dead

that's a great line and sums this up very well ;)

Stop calling David Cameron a numptie - it makes you look ignorant which I'm sure you're not.

He and his party (like Obi Wan Kenobe) are our ONLY HOPE against the criminal gang that is New Labour.

Edited by 29929BlackTuesday

Stop calling David Cameron a numptie - it makes you look ignorant which I'm sure you're not.

He and his party (like Obi Wan Kenobe) are our ONLY HOPE against the criminal gang that is New Labour.

no hes not. he will be EXACTLY the same if not worse.

what kind of idiot cycles to wrok for the environment, while his limo follows behind with his gear in it.

what part of pointless does that guy not get. fellows a pure idiot and theres nothing clever about him, just scheming.

Guest The_Oldie

I would prefer to see NuLabour take responsibility for the mess they've made. If the Conservatives were to win an election now, they would be accepting a poisoned chalice.

Given that Numpty no.1 and numpty no. 2 are both crap, I weuld have thought more people would go for door number 3.

Well, they would if door number three didnt want to give blanket citizenship to every illegal immigrant and raise income tax by 3.5% across the board.

The problem as I see it is...

Door #3 isn't really a door yet, as it hasn't actually considered that it might have a chance of being put in a hole and having people walk through it. There are times it looks to have the sense of the nice, blue door we had in the 80s, and then ten minutes later it looks like the Comedy Red Door we also had in the 80s. It also looks like a remarkably expensive door to walk through. Furthermore, underneath the coat of yellow paint, there's a white background with "You can sleep with my sister, my mother, and my hamster if you'll agree to Proportitional Representation in the next General Election! Hell, you can even have me! C'mon big boy, I WANT YOU!" written on it - never walk through a door whose sole intention is to make sure you'll never, ever be able to avoid walking through it again once you walked through it the first time.

The ICM figures have now been revised and the shares from the latest polls are CON 38%(+5): LAB 38% (-1): LD 16% (-4)

Methinks "Crash Gordon" will "bottle it" regardinf an autmn election.

Ha, all Browns dithering has made him look like a complete idiot in my opinion and the Labour party aint gonna thank him for it.

He actually pushed the Tories into shaping up and getting coherent.

The public now think he's a ditherer and not calling the election has said so far to the public, I'm just going to hang on to whatever i can and you won't be able to get rid of me!

The pressure is on to call an election regardless now, he looks really sly and weak if he doesnt call it now.

That's rather like making a choice between arsenic and cyanide... the Libs are crap too, just in slightly different ways.

Brown, Camoron or thingy... well, democracy in Britain was really worth all those people fighting and dying for over the last couple of centuries, eh?

I agree that Brown will now look a tosser if he doesnt call the election.

I dont trust a politician any more than I trust a £5 Ferarri but the two conference speeches showed it all. Cameron gave an empassioned speech that addressed my concerns while broon recited what had been written for him by his spin-doctors who plagiarised a half dozen US presidents speeches.

I dont believe labour any more. They can waffle about anything they want, but they have been in power for ten years. Why havent they fixed it already? All labour do is re-hash soundbytes they have used a dozen times before with the hope of hoodwinking the public.

Much as I think cameron is a snake, I would rather vote for him than the architect of all that is wrong with our economy.

...Cameron will be fine as long as he doesn't turn people off with his 'green talk'..... he needs to focus on tax, national health , education, the breakdown of law & order, 'free for all' borders and the welfare louts....that way he can be taken seriously....Brown will not go for an election now...the tide is turning with a vengeance ....let him drown in his financial tsunami.....and his narcissistic challenges...... :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

...Cameron will be fine as long as he doesn't turn people off with his 'talk'.....

everytime he speaks he dodges the questions.

i wish they had a decent leader. i liked haig. i wish he was back giving the government a thrashing.

alsoagree, browns blow it for an autumn election. he would lose now and the tories would snatch it.

trouble is, by spring things will be really rocky. hes going to be the shortest serving uk pm ever.

Edited by right_freds_dead