House Price Crash Forum

20 Mins Of Channel 4 Tonight

HOLA441

As it says on the T' shirt, "wherever you go , there you are."

Silly but profound.

I think the thing is to find a niche in which ever country you live in, sometimes

that can be easier in a 'foreign' country though , less pressure to conform.

About twenty years ago they used to say that heaven is;

An English house, a Japanese wife, chinese food and an American salary.

Hell is;

English food, Japanese house,chinese salary and an American wife!

What would be the 2007 version !?

As for me, maybe I'll stay or maybe I'll go....Just following 'the water course Way.'

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
Don't you mean 'throngs'? :unsure:

Probably does mean thongs, some of the women are really violent when drunk.

Or maybe he means large-built builders - they wear tights in winter, maybe they wear thongs now too, from Victoria's Secret?!

HOLA443

The tax system is designed to weed out the sutpid (sic) , if you can't play the game then leave. I dont (sic) see many rich people complaining about the non domicile tax system or poor people complaining about child benefits, income support or job seekers allowance.

Edited by maxwell

HOLA444
When this bubble pops things will change for the better and I'll think about coming back.

The only good reason to come back is to make a mint on the next housing market bubble ;) Thats what I plan to do, as soon as I graduate I'm off to China to teach English as opposed to an IT career in the UK (low pay, bad hours etc). I think RealistBear was spot on with his prediction and I have no doubt that the public will be completely ignorant as to what caused the housing market to crash so come next time we will have a boom just as big followed by an accurate crash prediction from RealistBear if he is still around!

Only problem is trying to earn money fast enough to afford a down payment before the optimum time to buy which will be the middle of this coming crash :)

I predict this crash will be very long and drawn out coupled with an economic recession because of stubborn property sellers which means halfway through the crash could be in 3-5 years time. Though I'm no expert.

The tax system is designed to weed out the sutpid (sic) , if you can't play the game then leave. I dont (sic) see many rich people complaining about the non domicile tax system or poor people complaining about child benefits, income support or job seekers allowance.

Is that the "Lets speculate on the housing market" game? Sorry to rich for me..

Edited by Saberu

HOLA445

Although money isn't everything, it is usually a good measure of things.

The cost of living here (especially London) is very high by any measure. Just been to the pub with a friend and one beer and one orange juice cost over £7. Bugger me! Recently visited a friend in Spain - the same round cost £2.

The irony of any HPC will ultimately be that even if prices halve, I still won't be able to afford to buy anything decent. Prices would have to fall 65-70% to be an attractive proposition. I earn about 20% more than the average household, but still can't see how I can build a life that includes a home, a pension and anything approaching a decent lifestyle.

I agree with the sentiment that some other countries might be poorer, but their standard of living is higher. I generally don't have a "grass is greener" mentality, but I'm running out of arguments to stay put in this country.

The whole situation is depressing and infuriating :angry:

HOLA446

It is sad, but I agree with the general tenor of this thread.

Wasn't it Blur who said that 'modern life is rubbish'?

Huw posted an international tax comparison, but I think such stats flatter the UK, and of course they are oft-quoted by British politicians. What about council tax? Easily a grand a year these days for a person living alone. For what? A fortnightly bin collection. And of course national insurance is in addition to the income tax rates quoted. And what about fuel duties, which are in addition to the sales taxes cited? TV licence fee? Vehicle excise duty? Insurance premium tax? Air fare taxes? Stamp duty? Capital gains tax? Inheritance tax? Taxes and duties on tobacco and booze?

And then there are the charges and fees and penalties... local authority car parking charges (and associated penalties), congestion charges (and associated penalties), high fees for government documents such as passports, 'drop-off' charges at hospitals (this is a new one - three quid to drop off your sick relative at the hospital front door - helps pay for the PFI deal), blanket speeding fines, higher charges for supposedly tax-funded NHS dental treatment, higher charges for supposedly tax-funded NHS prescriptions, water supply charges (used to be paid for from your rates), drainage charges to take the water away (also used to be paid for from your rates)...

Need I go on?

Now, given the above, why do we have probably the worst public services in western Europe?

HOLA447
The only good reason to come back is to make a mint on the next housing market bubble ;) Thats what I plan to do, as soon as I graduate I'm off to China to teach English as opposed to an IT career in the UK (low pay, bad hours etc). I think RealistBear was spot on with his prediction and I have no doubt that the public will be completely ignorant as to what caused the housing market to crash so come next time we will have a boom just as big followed by an accurate crash prediction from RealistBear if he is still around!

Only problem is trying to earn money fast enough to afford a down payment before the optimum time to buy which will be the middle of this coming crash :)

I predict this crash will be very long and drawn out coupled with an economic recession because of stubborn property sellers which means halfway through the crash could be in 3-5 years time. Though I'm no expert.

Is that the "Lets speculate on the housing market" game? Sorry to rich for me..

How much do they pay teachers in China these days ? Is it possible to save money

from teaching there?

I knew someone who worked in Japan (teaching English) for 2 years, returned to Yorkshire

in 1995 and was able to buy a decent house for 43,000. in cash. Btw, exchange rate at that

time was 1pound=132Yen....now it's 237Yen! Who knows, maybe the Yuan will rocket, the

pound will crash and You'll be able to pull the same trick !

On the other hand, maybe teaching will turn your brain to jelly after six months.

HOLA448
How much do they pay teachers in China these days ? Is it possible to save money

from teaching there?

I knew someone who worked in Japan (teaching English) for 2 years, returned to Yorkshire

in 1995 and was able to buy a decent house for 43,000. in cash. Btw, exchange rate at that

time was 1pound=132Yen....now it's 237Yen! Who knows, maybe the Yuan will rocket, the

pound will crash and You'll be able to pull the same trick !

On the other hand, maybe teaching will turn your brain to jelly after six months.

Chinese head teachers visit UK students

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/969315.stm

HOLA449

Need I go on?

Now, given the above, why do we have probably the worst public services in western Europe?

The Y_oke is that - the majority of our services were sold out to and are owned by 'parent' companies in Europe! No one is accountable anymore!

Electric, Household rubbish collection etc etc

HOLA4410
possibly. perhaps your right. i know somethings changed.

but the things i came back for seem to have changed, not me.

perhaps we both have changed.

Sounds to me like you both need to inject a little spice into your relationship.

My advice is that you start working on it right away.

Begin by getting Gordon to ask you to tie him up.

Can I watch???

HOLA4411
I agree with the general consensus about East European girls. I have been to most countries in SE Europe and they are, in the main, drop dead gorgeous. There is not a lot of wealth outside the big cities but wherever I have been the girls make the most of what they have...looking smart and being friendly..unlike the pale slugs here. In the end I found i could resist no longer and brought back one of the best looking ones ;):P

Regards

Although i reckon we are generalising i have to agree with this. Its probably no coincidence to me that both myself most of my mates are either happily going out with/engaged/married to girls from outside the UK. Those few i know that have kept to "UK only" are either divorced/close to it, or constantly moaning about their lot. Personally, i might of just been unlucky, but i only seemed to date materialistic/rude/stuck up UK girls prior to meeting my foreign wife.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
Although i reckon we are generalising i have to agree with this. Its probably no coincidence to me that both myself most of my mates are either happily going out with/engaged/married to girls from outside the UK. Those few i know that have kept to "UK only" are either divorced/close to it, or constantly moaning about their lot. Personally, i might of just been unlucky, but i only seemed to date materialistic/rude/stuck up UK girls prior to meeting my foreign wife.

....and another thing......British women smell.nice.

Edited to add 'nice'... before some b!tch complains.

Edited by council dweller

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
What ever happened to the simple life. I think the last 30 years has seen the destruction of UK culture. We've lost our fight.....we're basically buggered.

Why do you think 'they' are/have been destroying the social fabric/cohesion of being 'British' English for so long?

It is their lunatic idea that they have to do with UK being death/reborn ie phoenix rising again, into The New World Order!

What the insane gits don't seem to 'get'(and they are just as insane as Hitler) is they are bringing the 2000 yr old Bible Prophecies closer into 'being' and whatever that leads us into.

HOLA4416
What the insane gits don't seem to 'get'(and they are just as insane as Hitler) is they are bringing the 2000 yr old Bible Prophecies closer into 'being' and whatever that leads us into.

Methinks Bankrun's based his CPI on the following -

"And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand. And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine."

IOW, let prices of unavoidables (housing, council tax, utilities) soar as they please - just keep the Chinese gizmos nice 'n' cheap for the index.

HOLA4417
For the many posters who've raised this issue, I recommend a browse around www.nomarriage.com, e.g.

http://nomarriage.com/foreigngirl.html

:lol:

The posts on nomarriage.com site are FUNNY.

(but the pictures in your linkpage are a bit sad. A previous neighbour of mine who must have been in his late 40s married a teenage mail order bride from Thailand. She was tiny and looked about 14 years old :o )

HOLA4418

Flash property mogul bulls like you are attracted to glitzy chicks who throw themselves at you. You think it's because you are great, it's because they are con-artists who see an easy way to get set up for life if they can put up with you for a few years.

Gold diggers know exactly what they are looking for.

There are plenty of down to earth, attractive wonderful girls in the UK, I know plenty of them (most are taken by now, LOL).

Thing is they would think you were a tw&t and you would be embarrassed to introduce them to your mates because they aren't trophy enough for you.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

> three quid to drop off your sick relative at the hospital front door - helps pay for the PFI deal

Anyone wanting to know more about how PFI completely shafts the lowly taxpayer to the benefit of well connected execs could do a lot worse than read George Monbiot's blog.

Very expensive hospital refurbishment that nobody wanted:

http://www.monbiot.com/archives/2007/09/04...tection-league/

Very expensive bridge that nobody needed:

http://www.monbiot.com/archives/2004/12/29...-and-collusion/

Getting back to the subject of the thread though, where can I find a picture of the bird with the "peeping black bra"?

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
About twenty years ago they used to say that heaven is;

An English house, a Japanese wife, chinese food and an American salary.

Hell is;

English food, Japanese house,chinese salary and an American wife!

What would be the 2007 version !?

Sounds about right to me! Although you could chuck in an aijin or two to sweeten the deal. :P

(Just kidding if mrs christh reads this)

I'm amazed whatgoesaround hasn't been and launched a tirade on this thread yet.

HOLA4423

Huw posted an international tax comparison, but I think such stats flatter the UK, and of course they are oft-quoted by British politicians. What about council tax? Easily a grand a year these days for a person living alone. For what? A fortnightly bin collection. And of course national insurance is in addition to the income tax rates quoted. And what about fuel duties, which are in addition to the sales taxes cited? TV licence fee? Vehicle excise duty? Insurance premium tax? Air fare taxes? Stamp duty? Capital gains tax? Inheritance tax? Taxes and duties on tobacco and booze?

And then there are the charges and fees and penalties... local authority car parking charges (and associated penalties), congestion charges (and associated penalties), high fees for government documents such as passports, 'drop-off' charges at hospitals (this is a new one - three quid to drop off your sick relative at the hospital front door - helps pay for the PFI deal), blanket speeding fines, higher charges for supposedly tax-funded NHS dental treatment, higher charges for supposedly tax-funded NHS prescriptions, water supply charges (used to be paid for from your rates), drainage charges to take the water away (also used to be paid for from your rates)...

Need I go on?

Very well said Sir... if you wish to stand for election in the East Midlands you can count on my vote.

Cameron has done well this week though most of his promises are intangible it's going to be an awful lot better than the jibbering jock ... who IMHO will have to go the way of William Wallace in Braveheart.

HOLA4424
Taken from nomarriage.com

:lol:

Not everything in it is to be trusted - e.g. that quote implies that sex is all you get out of marriage. I referred to the site simply to confirm the consensus already emerging on this thread about the terrible quality of American (and similarly British) girls by and large, compared to those of so much of the world.

HOLA4425
Not everything in it is to be trusted - e.g. that quote implies that sex is all you get out of marriage. I referred to the site simply to confirm the consensus already emerging on this thread about the terrible quality of American (and similarly British) girls by and large, compared to those of so much of the world.

Why no comments from wimmin members of house price crash on this thread?

Haven't they been provoked enough?

Maybe they're getting their beauty sleep.....god knows, they need it ! Bless....