House Price Crash Forum

Gold Bugs Beware

HOLA441
HOLA442
These markets are as overbought as two overbought things. Look out below - vertical drop ahead!

These markets are underbought as two underbought things. look out above - vertical take off ahead.................

my reply is based on .......................nothing.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

I hope there will be a drop, I have quite a bit allocated on the side for gold which I have not been able to spend lately because the price has got a bit awkward. :P

Anyway the OP failed to provide any substantiating evidence for the supposed drop that is coming, but for the goldbugs here who are looking to stock up a bit more please read the following article:

http://www.kitco.com/ind/Wiegand/oct032007.html

It looks like there could be a bit of a chance on between October 8th - 19th with a pull back down to the $700 mark, I am personally hoping for $690 but that price could possibly be too low now.

I am going away in November so I hope the correction comes before the end of the month so that I can jump in and buy.

This could be your very last chance ever to buy cheap gold before the current world financial system flies into hyperinflation - stay alert and buy the first dip that you can afford.

HOLA447
HOLA448
I hope there will be a drop, I have quite a bit allocated on the side for gold which I have not been able to spend lately because the price has got a bit awkward. :P

Anyway the OP failed to provide any substantiating evidence for the supposed drop that is coming, but for the goldbugs here who are looking to stock up a bit more please read the following article:

It looks like there could be a bit of a chance on between October 8th - 19th with a pull back down to the $700 mark, I am personally hoping for $690 but that price could possibly be too low now.

I am going away in November so I hope the correction comes before the end of the month so that I can jump in and buy.

This could be your very last chance ever to buy cheap gold before the current world financial system flies into hyperinflation - stay alert and buy the first dip that you can afford.

I hold some gold and mining stocks. Let's get some perspective on the price rises - $30-50 over the past few months is only 6-7%. Not exactly life changing, especially since the USD has probably fallen almost as much against Sterling (thus eroding profits).

HOLA449
HOLA4410

So if I want to buy gold should it be investment bars or Krugers.? They both weigh the same but the Kruger costs more.

HOLA4411
So if I want to buy gold should it be investment bars or Krugers.? They both weigh the same but the Kruger costs more.

Yes but you can sell 1 0z coins bit by bit, when you like. If you want to sell an investment bar you have to sell the whole lot. Coins are very portable, too.

HOLA4412
Yes but you can sell 1 0z coins bit by bit, when you like. If you want to sell an investment bar you have to sell the whole lot. Coins are very portable, too.

But you can buy 1oz investment bars which are slightly cheaper. (According to Goldline) Is it because people like the look of a coin?

• 3 weeks later...
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
Guest Charlie The Tramp
Typical – we have hundreds of gold ramping threads – but as soon as someone says that it may not go up – it’s moved – I presume that the long running one will also now be moved at last

The long running Gold thread was moved when the new Forum was created. After protests the Moderators moved it back to the Main Forum but stated all other Gold threads would be moved to the Metals Forum. I for one will be the first to post on that Gold Thread when the price drops as I am positive it will.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
Guest Charlie The Tramp
I would expect a correction soon. Nothing to be bothered about though. Just another opportunity to buy more.

I can see a massive sell off coming as those who bought low cash in to get their Fiat Money profits. ;)

HOLA4417
HOLA4418