House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
OLDFTB

Merrill Lynch Fire Global Chief & Top Deputy

"Merrill Lynch & Co., the world's biggest brokerage firm, fired the global chief of its fixed- income division and one of his top two U.S. deputies after losses in credit markets."

I suppose there will be lots of heads rolling over this.

What makes me laugh is the fact that all the time the firm were making big bucks out of this i bet the bosses were sat on their big fat, cigar chomping arses with a big smug grin on their faces thinking it would never end and every day was xmas day.

Not laughing now are they?

If i was the newly unemployed Osman Semerci i would pray that i had actually screwed them over even more then i secretly feared i had!

:lol:

What makes me laugh is the fact that all the time the firm were making big bucks out of this i bet the bosses were sat on their big fat, cigar chomping arses with a big smug grin on their faces thinking it would never end and every day was xmas day.

Not laughing now are they?

That reminds me of "Rouge Trader", what a great movie, not so much from an artistic point of view but rather from a "teach a lesson" point of view... ;)

That reminds me of "Rouge Trader", what a great movie, not so much from an artistic point of view but rather from a "teach a lesson" point of view... ;)

...I thought the 'Rouge' film was 'Moulin Rouge'.....?...not a fan , really.... :huh:

Guest Bart of Darkness
...I thought the 'Rouge' film was 'Moulin Rouge'.....?...not a fan , really.... :huh:

I think "Rouge Trader" was a film about a bank being driven into the red?

Perhaps he meant "Rough Trader", starring Ewan McGregor as a rent boy.