House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Disillusioned

New Bulls And Neithers

Today I've noticed the presence of quite a few new bulls and neithers. The pessimist in me would see something in this - like fear. :ph34r::lol:

Perhaps some of you would like to tell us why you're on this forum and a little about yourselves - just to dispel the rumours of course!

;)

Today I've noticed the presence of quite a few new bulls and neithers. The pessimist in me would see something in this - like fear. :ph34r::lol:

Perhaps some of you would like to tell us why you're on this forum and a little about yourselves - just to dispel the rumours of course!

;)

You seem surprised at the existence of bulls on a forum to debate house price crashes.

Is that because you think only bears should be allowed?

Do you ask new bears why they are on the forum? :unsure:

;)

It's been rumoured that Russian Intelligence uses forums to harvest new recruits, brainwash and provoke.

I don't see why it can't happen here, the only difference being the role of secret services undertaken by estate agents and brokers.

You seem surprised at the existence of bulls on a forum to debate house price crashes.

typical bull response. "I dont want to bother tryig to come up wih a response that wont reveal me as an estate agent, so I'll accuse him of being a nazi. Yes, that is totally original, and everyone here will be amazed at my sparkling intellect".

answer his question, dickwit newbie.

Edited by PropertyGuru

No I think the point is why would someone who's bullish about house prices suddenly have gone looking on the internet for a forum discussing a crash in house prices? If you're bullish, what made you seek out this site?

Not at all surprised, just interested in your sudden appearance. You're very welcome here, especially if you actually make interesting arguments.

I don't ask new bears why they're on the forum because they tend to explain when they post on The Welcome Thread for New Members You don't seem to have posted there.

No I think the point is why would someone who's bullish about house prices suddenly have gone looking on the internet for a forum discussing a crash in house prices? If you're bullish, what made you seek out this site?

No the point is why is everybody obsessed with bulls and neithers.

Why the hostility.

Do you fear them?

I think the only reason he is surprised is for the same reasons as the rest of us, he can't believe anybody is dumb enough to be bullish on property :lol:

Guest The_Oldie
No the point is why is everybody obsessed with bulls and neithers.

Why the hostility.

Do you fear them?

Not you again :rolleyes:.

Goodbye!

Bulls are more than welcolme would be dull without, out of interest is there an alternative site you use also to discuss your bullish views (presumably with an audience more receptive of your views)?

ie singing pig?

;)

I have been on for a short while but lurked for quite a long time.

I believed there was a possibility of a HPC so found this site out to do a bit more research.

After lurking for quite a long time, i became frustrated at the uber bear mentality and felt that the forum was losing a bit of rationality. I therefore began posting to challenge some of the radical posts that were made with the intention of restoring some balance to the debate.

It is a bear pit on this forum but its also a great resource to learn a bit more about the economy and to also gain some insider knowledge on the housing market and the economy as a whole. The only problem is that you have to take some of the threads/posts with a pinch of salt as you will never buy a house and will retire into the forests to live in a cave.

This forum needs the bulls to bring some balance to the debate. I suspect that the influx of new bulls and neithers is that they are frustrated at the uber bear material on here and are now beginning to question the bears

Good reply madasafrog. Bulls certainly welcome in my view. There are so many unknowns and the economy is in a unique situation that it's interesting for both bulls and to find out how it's going to play out.

After the NR storm (in a teacup or not?) things have quietened down a bit, and there's a slightly more bullish mood in the media, which makes it understandable why more bulls are posting on here again. All ebbs and flows.

Bulls are more than welcolme would be dull without, out of interest is there an alternative site you use also to discuss your bullish views (presumably with an audience more receptive of your views)?

ie singing pig?

we need more bull(s). Has there really been an increase modorator? (or Mr stat man) and interestingly how many previous bulls have converted to bears?

or bears to bulls.

O fcourse if house prices drop by 50% we might all be bulls. but who would want to be abull now and why? surely the definition of a bull means invest now!

I have been on for a short while but lurked for quite a long time.

I believed there was a possibility of a HPC so found this site out to do a bit more research.

After lurking for quite a long time, i became frustrated at the uber bear mentality and felt that the forum was losing a bit of rationality. I therefore began posting to challenge some of the radical posts that were made with the intention of restoring some balance to the debate.

It is a bear pit on this forum but its also a great resource to learn a bit more about the economy and to also gain some insider knowledge on the housing market and the economy as a whole. The only problem is that you have to take some of the threads/posts with a pinch of salt as you will never buy a house and will retire into the forests to live in a cave.

This forum needs the bulls to bring some balance to the debate. I suspect that the influx of new bulls and neithers is that they are frustrated at the uber bear material on here and are now beginning to question the bears

A fantastic post. Thanks!

I think it's very intriguing that bulls find this site and join. One would have expected them to be uninterested with something as extreme as the possibility of HPC. but you make a good point, that some bulls, and neithers (yourself included), are not here only for the discussions about the crashing housing market, and are more interested in discussions about the economy as a whole.

Madasafrog, do you find the economic debates on here to be more realistic and learned than other sites? What other sites do you read?

Even though I tend to agree with the bear side of things, I think this site is sometimes a bit of a bearfest and a tad unbalanced. But that's what you'd expect from a forum with this name.

I'm bullish because I think the lending institutions and most of the media, especially the BBC ,are devious and manipulative, and most people are easily decived and maniuplated, especially when they're being told what they want to hear.

A proper crash will either need the lenders to massivly tighten their critera, which I don't think will happen, or a proper stand off by buyers, which I also don't think will happen. The supply and demand model is still IMO strong enough to sustain high prices (with the obvious exception of 2 bed flats), there is still a supply shortage of houses that people actually want to live in.

I found this site by chance, I didnt seek it out, and am still here because most of the comments are insightful and interesting.

Good post Mad. I consider myself on the fence. Being a Broker (sorry got to do something) obviously a good market means more business. However I am not short sighted and the further property gets from FTB's the worse the situation will get, thus become a matter of when then if. However I still personally dont think there will be a crash but a slowdown....however with a election looming Mr Brown..I mean the boe will drop rates and give new hope!

I'm bullish because I think the lending institutions and most of the media, especially the BBC ,are devious and manipulative, and most people are easily decived and maniuplated, especially when they're being told what they want to hear.

A proper crash will either need the lenders to massivly tighten their critera, which I don't think will happen, or a proper stand off by buyers, which I also don't think will happen. The supply and demand model is still IMO strong enough to sustain high prices (with the obvious exception of 2 bed flats), there is still a supply shortage of houses that people actually want to live in.

I found this site by chance, I didnt seek it out, and am still here because most of the comments are insightful and interesting.

Good post. So, are you saying that you are bullish about certain property? You cite 2 bed flats as an exception to high prices. Does this mean that you think 2 bed flat prices will crash? What impact do you think this will have on other properties and market sentiment?

Edit for poor spelling.

Edited by Disillusioned

Guest Bart of Darkness

Reasons for an increase in bulls and "neithers". (I use "neithers" to describe bulls who pretend to be something other than a bull yet always make bullish posts. No offense intended to genuine neithers.)

More estate agents with increasing amounts time on their hands and access to the internet. Bored, looking for a "laff".

Multi-ID trolls or previously banned members trying to sneak back in under the radar.

A fantastic post. Thanks!

I think it's very intriguing that bulls find this site and join. One would have expected them to be uninterested with something as extreme as the possibility of HPC. but you make a good point, that some bulls, and neithers (yourself included), are not here only for the discussions about the crashing housing market, and are more interested in discussions about the economy as a whole.

Madasafrog, do you find the economic debates on here to be more realistic and learned than other sites? What other sites do you read?

I like the debates and I have taken a bruising on quite a few when i have been proved wrong. There are a few clever cookies on the site but there are also a few that blind themselves with the slightest bit of bear news.

I never even heard of fractional reserve before i came on this site and have to admit my knowledge on economic has improved. Re other sites, on economics, this is the only forum I use. Has got a healthy number of posters and news floods in. I have all the news sites on favourites but this site is good at finding the news and posting the articles up quickly (you have to thank Realistic Bear for that ;) )

I only use one other site but thats for motoring as i am a slight petrol head.

Reasons for an increase in bulls and "neithers". (I use "neithers" to describe bulls who pretend to be something other than a bull yet always make bullish posts. No offense intended to genuine neithers.)

More estate agents with increasing amounts time on their hands and access to the internet. Bored, looking for a "laff".

Multi-ID trolls or previously banned members trying to sneak back in under the radar.

Man, that's annoying. I mean, those EAs could be doing something much more useful with their time, like learning how to make a McDonald's milkshake nice and thick how I like it and practising saying "that's McDonald's cola, is that all right?".

lenders have tightened dramatically in the last month, and following the HBOS announcement today, they will tighten further

out of curiosity, how do you think people can afford to pay more and more for housing?

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
The only problem is that you have to take some of the threads/posts with a pinch of salt as you will never buy a house and will retire into the forests to live in a cave.

Do you think one day I might be able to live in a cave?

Oh Bless you!

A cave! Will I have to share?

Will it be a luxury executive cave with a ******ing balcony, pretend wood flooring hermetically sealed with uPVC triple glazing?

Will it cost me 15X my net salary?