House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Muskoka

Prices Going Up?

I had my eye on a house & having researched it, found it was sold Dec 06 190K, then sold again at auction July 07 for 242K, now up for sale again at 315K. Ok, I know this last developer did some work to it, but I cant see this selling at this price. There are other houses for sale in same postcode with same spec at 250K! Its a decent area, but not a 'must have' address. Hes gone multi-agency. Will be very interesting to see what happens. I would/might have given him 250K as it is in a nice spot, but even if I had 315K there are a lot better places out there. This house is on the small side. is in RM3 postcode area

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-173...=1&tr_t=buy

I know a few "property developers" and they have not got a clue about the property market.

Most of them get their property info from the slightly soiled copies of the Express or Mail at the greasy spoon.

Totally clueless they will be the last ones to know what is going on.

I had my eye on a house & having researched it, found it was sold Dec 06 190K, then sold again at auction July 07 for 242K, now up for sale again at 315K. Ok, I know this last developer did some work to it, but I cant see this selling at this price. There are other houses for sale in same postcode with same spec at 250K! Its a decent area, but not a 'must have' address. Hes gone multi-agency. Will be very interesting to see what happens. I would/might have given him 250K as it is in a nice spot, but even if I had 315K there are a lot better places out there. This house is on the small side. is in RM3 postcode area

This will never sell. The estate agent forgot to say 'great investment potential'. When the BTL Morlocks hear that phrase they simply cannot resist buying irrespective of the price.

Similar one here: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-819...=1&tr_t=buy

Bought for 330 October 2006, done up a bit, put back on the market at 525 around 4 months ago still unsold. I think there must be a lot of this sort of stuff around which will either end up being lived in by the people who did them up or, in many cases, flogged off at auction after reposession.

Well this will make some interesting watching. All I've seen on a daily basis (and I'm inside the M25) is an awful lot of houses being sold AND being re-marketed a couple of weeks down the road! :P

Do you live in this area? I know this area very well as my brother lives close by. I would not buy any house in a 5 mile radius of this place, not even for 100K. How many people have been mugged and stabbed in the area this year? It is well into the double digits.

Edited by Pluto

Do you live in this area? I know this area very well as my brother lives close by. I would not buy any house in a 5 mile radius of this place, not even for 100K. How many people have been mugged and stabbed in the area this year? It is well into the double digits.

Ok, point taken. House is in Harold Wood as against Harold Hill. Slightly better (she hopes). Wouldnt touch Harold Hill - with a bargepole. Uh, thats where the house was I sold 3 months ago & happy about that for more than one reason

What I would like to know is the difference between:

Under offer.

Sold subject to contract.

Sale agreed.

Or do they all mean the same thing.

They all mean the same. "Quick get in there and gazump some poor sod" .

You can see by the spec that perhaps 50k has been spent since the flipping started in December 2006.And of course the Land registry indicies must be a faithful representation of house price movement because they only cover addresses that are flipped. <_<