House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
benjamin

House Prices Fall In Every Region

http://www.findaproperty.com/displaystory....p;storyid=20819

The average house price in August was £221,708, according to the latest figures from team Association, the UK's largest branded network of independent owner operated agents.

Overall, prices slipped in every single region, as the traditional summer slowdown was compounded by the credit crunch, interest rates squeezing affordability and the rollout of HIPs (Home Information Packs).

"However, it is my belief that the market will soon recover and Autumn will be a healthy month, providing no further interest rates take place."

Nice to see the parents of Alan Kirkman, Director of Communications didn't waste any money on his education. Since when has "Autumn" been a month? Apparently his birthday is on the 14th of Summer..... Oh, and he missed the word "rises", I think.

Edited by Paddles

"However, it is my belief that the market will soon recover and Autumn will be a healthy month, providing no further interest rates take place."

Healthy? Who's he trying to kid?! :blink:

Anyway - we should leave him to his dream world..........

Guest Shedfish

thought it might be a spoof.

then i thought it might be the US market.

ok, the FT / LR index it is not, but even so...

Guest Shedfish

Healthy? Who's he trying to kid?! :blink:

Anyway - we should leave him to his dream world..........

i think counting autumn as a month might just be the only way for the transaction figures to remain bullish

Nice to see the parents of Alan Kirkman, Director of Communications didn't waste any money on his education. Since when has "Autumn" been a month? Apparently his birthday is on the 14th of Summer..... Oh, and he missed the word "rises", I think.

Don't worry everything will be all fixed, all the excess leverage, losses, bank runs, repos etc and houses will be rocketing again with renewd verve sometime next week.

Next week being some time in 2017.

Healthy is slim, not fat. Therefore lets hope for a slim month :D

i think counting autumn as a month might just be the only way for the transaction figures to remain bullish

Well as long as one month in autumn is not -ve everywhere then it's all fine.

As long as IRs don't go up?

Who are they kidding? IRs have already gone up independent of BoE, so their prediction is already way off the mark.

Altogether on the property roller coaster?

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

clunk.

"a/Buyers Take Advantage of Fall

But it wasn't just prices that were down in August;: the number of new instructions also showed a considerable decline of six per cent over the month.

But while much of this can be chalked up to a reluctance to enter the market while conditions are looking volatile, team agents noted a particular decline in the HIPs-affected four bedrooms or more properties on the market.

b/Nevertheless, buyers were still taking the plunge, as reflected in a 2.4 per cent monthly increase in the number of properties sold.

However, this was still a substantial 17.9 per cent lower than the level of property sales in August 2006."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a/ what a joke a grand or so off a 230k property :lol:

b/ buyers still taking the plunge - hilarious how right they are - a plunge into the obeyss! they deserve everything that's coming to them <_<

Edited by Da Vinci Code