House Price Crash Forum

Even The Mini Bubble Is Bursting

HOLA441

This week there are letters appearing in the motoring press from disaffected MINI owners complaining that they put an ad in Autotrader etc asking a few thousand above book price for their cars, and wondering why on earth they weren't selling. Poor things.

After a year in which Mini sellers were flogging the trendy car for between 1k and 8k above manufacturer's recommended price, the bubble has burst and buyers are digging their heals in.

You can now buy a NEW Mini Cooper for less than a trumped up second hand one (52 plate), based on average classified prices, without having to wait months.

Yes, even car speculators are now being slapped down by MINI first time buyers who are putting two fingers up at the absurd attempts to cash in.

Does this all ring a bell?

Prize (in the form of hearty congratulations) for anyone who can spot the first pristine condition used MINI offered for LESS than £7900.

VacantPossession

HOLA442
HOLA443
This week there are letters appearing in the motoring press from disaffected MINI owners complaining that they put an ad in Autotrader etc asking a few thousand above book price for their cars, and wondering why on earth they weren't selling. Poor things.

After a year in which Mini sellers were flogging the trendy car for between 1k and 8k above manufacturer's recommended price, the bubble has burst and buyers are digging their heals in.

You can now buy a NEW Mini Cooper for less than a trumped up second hand one (52 plate), based on average classified prices, without having to wait months.

Yes, even car speculators are now being slapped down by MINI first time buyers who are putting two fingers up at the absurd attempts to cash in.

Does this all ring a bell?

Prize (in the form of hearty congratulations) for anyone who can spot the first pristine condition used MINI offered for LESS than £7900.

VacantPossession

I found one for £7495.

HOLA444
HOLA445
I found one for £7495.

I'll borrow 85% and buy it and rent it to VP for £500 pa

Even if I have to reduce to £400 pa or the loan interest rises I'll still get a gain on the value of the asset - BMW Mini's? - Safe as houses!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
I'll borrow 85% and buy it and rent it to VP for £500 pa

Even if I have to reduce to £400 pa or the loan interest rises I'll still get a gain on the value of the asset - BMW Mini's? - Safe as houses!!!!!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

True, and in 100 years it will be worth more than today, even without inflation!

Wait a minute I think I will be dead.

lol

HOLA449
HOLA4410