The Police

crystal ball

HOLA441
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443

Hmmm...."Harassing" - as far as I can see, the two cops have sent the lad on his way. We have no way of knowing if he was being harassed or not, except Mr. Pollard's word. I'd lay a pound to a penny that Mr Pollard is (somewhat ironically) fiercely opposed to CCTV.

There's a lot of bitter, bent cops out there. But I'd still rather be policed by them than whatever "non-oppressive community dispute resolution facilitator" that would be on patrol if your average Chakrabati-ist had their way.

HOLA444
HOLA445
The male plod reminded me of Simon Pegg in Hot Fuzz.

All that we can deduce from the footage is that many of our constabulary don't know the law or feel that they're above it as witnessed every day on our roads...

Dig the female cop - untidy hair, hands in pockets. Truly professional - not. Isn't this supposed to be a disciplined force?

HOLA446
HOLA447
Dig the female cop - untidy hair, hands in pockets. Truly professional - not. Isn't this supposed to be a disciplined force?

Is there no fecking profession that you lot don't berate ?.

A lot of folk seem high and mighty and so so righteous on here.....bet your sh1t don't even smell bad.

Try the job for a while and make the same comments.

You'll have earned the right to judge.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
A lot of folk seem high and mighty and so so righteous on here.....bet your sh1t don't even smell bad.

Exactly.

Maybe if people took to video-ing Warwick-Watcher as he* goes about his daily job and selectively posting clips on youtube, he also wouldnt come out looking so good.

*and everyone else in his line of work

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
Picture the scene its 3 in the morning a call has just been received of a break in at his house, do you think they are going to rush to his assistance? <_<

So are you saying the police can pick and choose if to attend a crime scene, if that is so then can i pick and choose if to pay my taxes that fund their wages, no i don't think so.

HOLA4416

And this relates to House prices and the economy how ??

From what I saw there was no evidence that the youth was being harassed.

All I saw was a busybody poking his nose into other peoples business.

I wouldn't mind betting he has some long lingering gripe against the police and takes every opportunity he has to try and provoke them.

There may not be so many no go areas in this country if people like this so called "film maker" worked with the Police and against anti social little scumbags.

He won't be raising his kids with any respect for the law, look at the example he was setting !!

Having said all of that, I don't think these particular coppers handled the situation very well, and certainly did not put across a very professional image.

You have to make sure know your facts when dealing with pompous little "I know my rights" types like this, or you end up looking like a dick head. ( As they did )

And no i'm not a copper !!

You couldn't pay me enough to do that job !!

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

To the people siding with the police in this case - you really are utter tools.

Have some respect for your history and culture as British people, please. We fought for these rights (but mainly blackmailed kings for them, truth be told).

If you don't like the rule of English law, then you don't have to stay here. May I recommend Saudi Arabia or Belarus; might suit you better, no "Chacrabati types" to defend our hard-won civil liberties (and yes, it is possible to say those words without a sneer - we should be bloody proud of them, as patriotic people).

Ok, the bloke was annoying (and rather odd for filming what was going on in the first place, but there you go, that's his right as a Briton) but for a police officer to try to say that we - the members of the public - are not allowed to film them (in a public place, from our own property) is incredible, and rather sinister.

As the annoying brummie cameraman said: "This ain't Choina, mayte".

HOLA4420

I try not to get dragged in to discussions about my job on internet forums because there are two many keyboard warriors about.

I can say in this case that those two looked and sounded like probabtioners.

As with any profession there are good and bad eggs, those that are good at the job and those that aren't. It is unfortunate in this case the the two tried to blag their way into getting the bloke to turn the camera off without fully knowing the law. It is slightly embarressing to watch.

It is however impossible for the average officer to know all or even most of the laws and legislation of the land, it is generally something that comes with experience.

The main problem as I see it with "new" Police officers is that they lose the ability to speak to people. It is difficult when you go off to training school and taught acts and sections and learn the police jargon. I know because I have done it, you dont speak to someone you "liaise with them." A drunk in a town centre isn't being a dick he is "committing an offence under the Public Order act." This alienates the Police from the general public on a daily basis.

As for picking and choosing which jobs get priority, it just doesn't happen. I don't know a single officer i work with who wouldn't rush to a burglary in progress just because the house owner is a knob. At the end of the day we like catching criminals, especially burglars.

Simon

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

He made a couple of young, naive plods look stupid. He didn't come across as a rocket scientist himself, tbh. Police have a crap job to do in the UK - we live in the world's rudest country. People are, quite simply, highly unpleasant to each other here - I wouldn't want to referee it.

There's plenty to bemoan about UK police, but bear this in mind: in 99% of countries in the world, that video would never have made it out of the smashed camera, and Mr Pollard would been black and blue from head to ankles, and probably in a cell overnight too.

HOLA4423
To the people siding with the police in this case - you really are utter tools.

Have some respect for your history and culture as British people, please. We fought for these rights (but mainly blackmailed kings for them, truth be told).

If you don't like the rule of English law, then you don't have to stay here. May I recommend Saudi Arabia or Belarus; might suit you better, no "Chacrabati types" to defend our hard-won civil liberties (and yes, it is possible to say those words without a sneer - we should be bloody proud of them, as patriotic people).

Ok, the bloke was annoying (and rather odd for filming what was going on in the first place, but there you go, that's his right as a Briton) but for a police officer to try to say that we - the members of the public - are not allowed to film them (in a public place, from our own property) is incredible, and rather sinister.

As the annoying brummie cameraman said: "This ain't Choina, mayte".

Firstly, we don't have a British written constitution....so as such we technically don't have RIGHTS in this country.

Secondly, nobody should have to leave the country just because they disagree with certain aspects of it....Britain is not quite yet a Totalitarian state.

Who says we are Patriotic people? Patriotism a tool for controlling people of low IQs. It is thought control of the highest order. Patriots daren't question anything for fear of being labled 'unpatriotic' & therefore they fall for everything their god (the sun newspaper) tells them; hook, line & sinker.

HOLA4424

Who said anything about a written constitution? No, we don;t have one, but we are a constitutional monarchy. And this isn't about a constitution, it's basic rights under law.

As for "going away if you don't like it" - sorry, I was being ironic, without adding a little yellow winking face to help you understand. I was repeating the line of reason I so often hear on this forum from the sort of posters who were backing the police in this case.

Patriotism - totally agree with you in the general drift of your point. But are you not proud of the rights we have over the state in this country? You know, the things that Chakrabati and all those dreadful lefties and liberals keep banging on about?

HOLA4425

Archived