House Price Crash Forum

How Old Are You? Cheeky!

Mike1045

I guessing and this might be a long shot but the average age of the posters on this site is between 25 and 45! I bet you could even narrow the window down further.

25 and below you’ll still be living with parents and can’t afford to buy even if you wanted to!

45 and over you’ll own a property or don’t see house prices as the be all and end all!

So the question is how old are you?

Me I’m 29!!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guessing and this might be a long shot but the average age of the posters on this site is between 25 and 45! I bet you could even narrow the window down further.

25 and below you’ll still be living with parents and can’t afford to buy even if you wanted to!

45 and over you’ll own a property or don’t see house prices as the be all and end all!

Me I’m 29!!

- All the 'old people' are enjoying their seven bedroom Edwardian properties (which they live in alone), bought in 1960 for £128.30 and now worth £1.68 million.

- In the south of Spain/France enjoying their four bed villas

- Busy telling young people that they should stop buying ipods and having a drink at weekends so that they can 'save' to get on the property ladder (just like they did), completley ignorant to the fact that even if they could save £500 month, it wouldnt matter as the first rung on the ladder has increased by £1000 that month.

- Im 27 by the way.

Me I’m 29!!

Older than 45 & I own a property.

I am 33 and waiting for the HPC to make my first move in the property market.

Used to being sniggered at :D for my view of an impending HPC (last 4 yrs or so.. long time.. isnt it) by the BTL guy who sits in front of me and my entire family who thought that I was a lil deluded / making excuses to not buying a house.

I am 60 my parents are not in a home, well not on this earth anyway. My mother died of owning her own home and my father died in hospital after being trampled under foot in a Northern Rock queue. His last words were “I’m really sorry I STRed now I should have listerned to that property expert on Youtube

Me I’m 29!!

Somewhat over the larger number you mention, and I do own. I still think property prices are way too high.

(a) It won't affect me much if they collapse - I'm not planning to move and a house is a house.

(B) If I did want to move up, I can't move to anything larger, e.g. with a garage as that's a huge and silly premium

© If I want to trade down to something smaller, hopefully the smaller properties will have collapsed too

(d) it's not good for the economy - I'm in London and the difficulties of getting staff are legendary

(e) I liked the old days when there were old second-hand bookshops and people other than investment bankers used to live here

(f) if I snuff it right now then Gordon will probably get a chunk of my children's rightful inheritance. I'd rather it all evaporated overnight, than that. Yuk.

36 and just accepted an offer on our home, despite the turn around in property it sold in less than a week. I am (against my better judgement) looking to move up the ladder as we are expecting our third child. The wife has seen a house she likes, we have offered 337,500 on a 350,000, they said NO (it's been on the market for 6 months!). Looks like I'll get my way and we'll STR and buy the house in 18 months for £300k

Guest AuntJess
I am 60 my parents are not in a home, well not on this earth anyway. My mother died of owning her own home and my father died in hospital after being trampled under foot in a Northern Rock queue. His last words were "I'm really sorry I STRed now I should have listerned to that property expert on Youtube

:lol::lol::lol: