House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Da Vinci Code

What's The Best Way To Build A Stronger, Fairer Britain?

Monday, September 24, 2007

What's the best way to build a 'stronger, fairer Britain'?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml.../24/view24b.xml

Gordon Brown has outlined six key areas to be tackled in order to build a "stronger, fairer Britain" just as speculation that the Prime Minister is preparing to call an autumn election reaches new heights.

In a letter to Labour's National Executive Committee Mr Brown listed the key policy areas as: responding to rising public aspirations with a new standard of public services, meeting the challenges of globalisation, security and terrorism, the changing age profile of society, environmental issues and the pressure parents face raising children.

The challenges are likely to be the focus of Mr Brown's opening speech today at the Labour Party conference in Bournemouth.

What do you think of Mr Brown's list? Is he right to place environmental concerns alongside security and terrorism? Is he the man to deliver "a new standard of public services"? Has he overlooked any issues?

How do we go about building a "stronger, fairer Britain"?

To send a letter to the editor of The Daily Telegraph, email dtletters@telegraph.co.uk

They're up to 100 comments - could we get it up to 500 by 5pm ? ;)

I think number 1 priority is to provide major incentives for "decent" people to procreate and produce economically active children rather than the current system which just encourages economically inactive people to make more economically inactive children.

If this is not addressed Britain will become a geriatric state where nobody is doing anything useful.

I think number 1 priority is to provide major incentives for "decent" people to procreate and produce economically active children rather than the current system which just encourages economically inactive people to make more economically inactive children.

If this is not addressed Britain will become a geriatric state where nobody is doing anything useful.

This is called a "meritocracy". Blair got elected promising one - I heard Brown promise one for the first time today.

Come on, a stronger fairer Britain wouldn't be as funny, now, would it?

Come on, a stronger fairer Britain wouldn't be as funny, now, would it?

Heh I know where would be without our vicky pollards.

Guest AuntJess

I'd vote for that. :)