House Price Crash Forum

Gordon Stalin On Bbc R4 This Morning

Guest UK Debt Slave

HOLA441
Guest mattsta1964

Interviewer But Prime Minister, people have been borrowing 6 times their salary to get on the housing ladder, and your own advisor, Alan Greenspan is saying that the UK should expect higher inflation and higer interest rates in future. How will these people pay their mortgages???

Gordon Stalin Well errr b.b.b.b.b erm ah well errrrr hmmmm ahhh.......

HOLA442
Interviewer But Prime Minister, people have been borrowing 6 times their salary to get on the housing ladder, and your own advisor, Alan Greenspan is saying that the UK should expect higher inflation and higer interest rates in future. How will these people pay their mortgages???

Sounds good, I'll catch up with it.

Matt where are you emigrating?

HOLA443
HOLA444

Oh no we can't legislate for how much banks can lend. (Mind you we can legislate for everything else....). Also wouldn't condemn NR's directors bonuses. Still waffled on about inflation being only 2%, and how electronic goods were keeping prices down. That's OK then - I'll eat the microwave for breakfast !

Just showed what a puppet of the banks and the vested interests of the rich he is. Not so much NuLabour as NuTory. No wonder he had Thatcher to tea the other day. Trouble is the Tories are the same on these issues. The moneylenders have politics sown up in this country as usual.

HOLA445
HOLA446
Guest mattsta1964
Best wishes with that.

I'm listening to the interview now but it's 20 mins. long. Any rough idea whereabouts in the interview the juicy stammering comes?

He didn't really stammer but he did seem a little flustered when pressed by the interviewer at some points

At least she didn't give him too easy a ride, as you would expect from the politicised, emasculated journalism that exists in the BBC these days.

HOLA447
He didn't really stammer but he did seem a little flustered when pressed by the interviewer at some points

At least she didn't give him too easy a ride, as you would expect from the politicised, emasculated journalism that exists in the BBC these days.

Indeed.

BTW I've just got to the relevant point in the interview - it's 9 minutes in, in case anyone else is trying to find it.

HOLA448

:lol:

Does anyone have a link for it?

HOLA449
HOLA4410
Guest mattsta1964
Indeed.

BTW I've just got to the relevant point in the interview - it's 9 minutes in, in case anyone else is trying to find it.

I dunno bout you but listening to Gordon Brown is an intensely uncomfortable experience. He has the social skills of a parking warden, the patois of a constipated Scottish insurance salesman. He is quite abhorrent, the ghastliest creature ever to have arrived in the UK political scene.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

I listened to this too - there was a real discrepancy over the crucial point of Greenspan saying UK inflation was due to rise & interest rates would have to be in double figures, Brown denied he'd said this and disputed it, but if 'Mr Greenspan would like to call and confirm' the fact :blink:

He managed to sidestep the question of whether he'd advise his son to take out a 6x salary mortgage too, rolling out the 'proportion of salary' argument - repayments being half what it was when IR's were 15%. O, That's ok then :rolleyes:

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
Guest mattsta1964
I listened to this too - there was a real discrepancy over the crucial point of Greenspan saying UK inflation was due to rise & interest rates would have to be in double figures, Brown denied he'd said this and disputed it, but if 'Mr Greenspan would like to call and confirm' the fact :blink:

He managed to sidestep the question of whether he'd advise his son to take out a 6x salary mortgage too, rolling out the 'proportion of salary' argument - repayments being half what it was when IR's were 15%. O, That's ok then :rolleyes:

At least the BBC is asking these questions!

albeit 5 years too late!!!!

Gordon Brown tried to deny what his own advisor has publically stated is the future for UK interest rates and inflation. I hope people were listening carefully because that really sums up the size of the tsunami that heading our way in the next couple years.

HOLA4415

Folks

Election fever is in the air. We've always known the extraordinary relationship Labour has with the media, the BBC in particular especially since the Dodgy Dossier affair.

Gordon Brown is known to be a control freak so it would be no surprise if the BBC showed subtle bias towards Labour over the next few weeks (especially now with the Labour Party conference on in Bournemouth).

Let's keep a sharp eye out for subtle plugs for Labour on behalf of the Dear Leader. Here's an example of one I spotted this morning:

During a BBC Breakfast TV report about an amateur football team flying off to visit Namibia, bizarrely and totally unconnectedly, they slipped in pictures of Gordon Brown doing a photo opportunity, smiles gushing for the camera with the reporter saying something along the lines of " . . . . and the Prime Minister was good enough to see them off."

What the hell did Brown have to do with it? Nothing.

And he was good enough to see them off, was he? Good enough? Surely its the other way around - they were good enough to give him his plug?

What I found most sinister was the surreptitious way Brown was slipped into the article, that he was portrayed as selflessly doing others a favour and the BBC broadcast it. Surely the whole story had been concocted for nothing more than Brown's benefit.

Edited by nmarks

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

LOL. Again its gordons fault is it. What do you thing he can do about it then?

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420