House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mbga9pgf

For Me A Major Downturn Has Definately Been Confirmed

This is not Boom and Bust.

Its the Americans dont ya know, they did it, they caused the problem by lending money to bad risks by the truckload.

Gordons economic policy is not built on debt like the Americans, nor is the banking system, the British Economy is growing at the fastest rate ever, house prices have never been more affordable, and crime is a thing of the past.

Downgrading Cannabis does have its benefits.

Guest portwinestain
This is not Boom and Bust.

Its the Americans dont ya know, they did it, they caused the problem by lending money to bad risks by the truckload.

Gordons economic policy is not built on debt like the Americans, nor is the banking system, the British Economy is growing at the fastest rate ever, house prices have never been more affordable, and crime is a thing of the past.

Downgrading Cannabis does have its benefits.

lol,

is contagion the reason for rising obesity levels, or is it the munchies?

A general election is year is not certain, although very attractive Gordon. But he's nervously teetering on the brink: should he, or shouldn't he? This might be the optimum time, or it might all horribly wrong at the last moment. We're about to find out whether he's got guts or not.

OK, I don't think it's going to be autumn as I heard quite a good arguement on R4 this morning against that timing.

1) It's getting Dark Morning and Night

2) The latest an election has been called was in 1974 and that was October 4th

3) No-one wants to talk to a canvaser (sic?) outside the door in the rain and dark

Also I need to have either another rise or a stabilisation for a month, whilst I negotiate a pay rise in time for the crash.

A general election is year is not certain, although very attractive Gordon. But he's nervously teetering on the brink: should he, or shouldn't he? This might be the optimum time, or it might all horribly wrong at the last moment. We're about to find out whether he's got guts or not.

Yes. What is the shortest time a PM has been in place?

At the moment the electorate are supporting Brown in hope, if they know the game is up they will throw him out in anger.

Guest Skint Academic
OK, I don't think it's going to be autumn as I heard quite a good arguement on R4 this morning against that timing.

1) It's getting Dark Morning and Night

2) The latest an election has been called was in 1974 and that was October 4th

3) No-one wants to talk to a canvaser (sic?) outside the door in the rain and dark

That's a very good point. Apparently if police are faced with an unruly protest in the streets they sometimes just wait for it to rain as then everyone goes home. I suppose the question comes down to whether Gordon Brown would benefit from a low turnout, especially if the opposition parties don't exactly inspire people. I can quite imagine people just wanting to go home rather than queue outside in the cold to register a vote for an opposition party that they do not believe in. But on the other hand if the polls say that Labour are likely to win (which is why you choose to call an election), your own voters can't be bothered either.

All he really has to do is to sell out our long term future and make promises he can't keep for the next 6 months when spring and the feel good factor returns.

All he really has to do is to sell out our long term future and make promises he can't keep for the next 6 months when spring and the feel good factor returns.

If he can keep the plates spinning for that long....

Autumn or Spring he'll get re-elected anyway simply because the Tories are rubbish and the Lib-Dems are ineffectual. Better for the long term economy that it's Autumn so he doesn't have to keep doing financial gymnastics to maintain the illusion of the miracle.

If he's dumb enough to try to wait out the two years until he has to call an election, he'll be sunk as no amount of fiddling can keep the train on the tracks for that long. Once the economy crashes he's out and so are Labour for at least two terms.