House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

Darling Summoned To Appear Before Select Committee

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?i...amp;ito=newsnow

Darling to face bank crisis quiz
Friday, September 21, 2007
Alistair Darling faces MPs grilling over Northern Rock crisis
Chancellor Alistair Darling is to be grilled by MPs over the Treasury's handling of the Northern Rock crisis.
The House of Commons Treasury Select Committee, which on Thursday questioned Bank of England Governor Mervyn King, will also take evidence from City watchdogs at the Financial Services Authority (FSA).
The committee's chairman, John McFall, said he had written to the Chancellor - who has already said he will make a statement to Parliament on the Northern Rock affair - to tell him that it is widening its inquiry into the stability of the UK's financial markets.

I bet Gordon's jaw dropped when they delivered that letter to No. 11! Why is Gordon so unpopular among Scots MPs? Someone said it was because he supports the England football side vs, Scotland and others think its because the Scots think he is a pratt.

Edited by Realistbear

Whats the point in all of this, The committee MPs are going ask, " So Darling tell me what you know about this fiasco", He's going to go bright red, mutter to himself for a bit then say, "I've only been in the job a few weeks, leave me alone, you promised me jelly and cream". Total waste of time.

Chancellor Alistair Darling is to be grilled by MPs over the Treasury's handling of the Northern Rock crisis.

Despite his extensive political weasel training I doubt he'll be able to hold a candle to Merv's performance.

Looks like Darling's going to carry the can for this one. As predicted on HPC yonks ago - whoever took over from Gordie was always going to have to sup from a chalice even more toxic than that position that has destroyed so many careers, that of Home Secretary. And it's only just begun. Procession of chancellors, anyone? And will Gordie be able to avoid any shit sticking?