House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Buffer Bear

Don't Any Of You Have Work To Do?

304 users online??

I'm leaving for work now, honest <_< .

What's the point in working when the govt/treasury/BOE are sending the value of any money I work for down the shitter?

I'd rather pay less tax and save myself some aggro.

Guest mSparks

work? whats that? if I had any sense I'd be a teenage mum :P

EDIT:

At least then house prices wouldn't matter so much, id get it for free

Edited by mSparks

304 users online??

You have hit the nail on the head there. Half of the forum members are dole dossers. They are complaining that their dole and family allowance for their 6 kids is no longer enough to get them an adequate house in a nice area away from the "undesirables" on their estate.

They are also unimpressed that the inflation figures do not accurately reflect the price increases on thunderbird and monster munch.

;):lol:

Edited to show its tongue in cheek before being mobbed by the sub prime possey

Edited by madasafrog

I work from home too, but am always as busy as hell which is why I don't post very often, but I do pop in for a quick read most mornings.

i finmd i tend to use hpc as a mean of avoiding the work i don't want do - like that report i am supposed to be wiriting now......

F

i finmd i tend to use hpc as a mean of avoiding the work i don't want do - like that report i am supposed to be wiriting now......

F

same here, supposed to be building a[nother bl**dy] data cube

I’ve always wondered about Realistbear, by Saturday night he’ll have about 15000 post under his belt (f******* newbie)

I often wonder to my self whether he is a real person or a piece of search engine software As a poster I like him as he always managers to find a bit of bear news to hearten you, when your at your lowest ebb, and it matters not when after a few days it turns out be untrue or worthless journalism, he will be back to restore our faith.

I can’t imagine what he does for a living and have the time to enrich our lives with so many enlightening post. But it does impinge on my minds eye sometimes that he sits in an open plan office and a frustrated and irritated line manager is scowling over theheads of a working hard people and saying to himself “he ain’t on that f****** website again is he?

Anyway Realistbear congrats on your new millenium of posts

I am waiting to be interviewed for the vacancy of mortgage advisor at my local branch of Northern Rock.

Could be a very long wait !

I'm on annual leave. Going to the Squash British Open in Manchester for the weekend B) I'm going to miss this site though <_< The speed things are moving - I may miss something - 2 days away is a long time :rolleyes:

The 'final' is on Monday and I have to go back to work FFS :angry:

304 users online??

It wouldnt rocket science to find a correlation between people with too much time on their hadns and the inability to afford a house.

This site was never going to attract highly motivated and succesful people. They all have houses lol! Prob the same reason why no one here ever actually does anything about it either. If people invested this wasted time into increasing productivity maybe we'd all be better off.

That said, Im not speaking for everyone (some people wont recognise themselves in the above). Ive always been able to pop in for a few posts on the top threads. I dont have the time to keep track of past comments and get into debates though :(. Maybe when I retire :)!

Guest muttley
304 users online??

A lot of them are EAs and mortgage advisors, so in answer to your question....no.

You have hit the nail on the head there. Half of the forum members are dole dossers. They are complaining that their dole and family allowance for their 6 kids is no longer enough to get them an adequate house in a nice area away from the "undesirables" on their estate.

They are also unimpressed that the inflation figures do not accurately reflect the price increases on thunderbird and monster munch.

;):lol:

Edited to show its tongue in cheek before being mobbed by the sub prime possey

Don't let my friend Laurejon hear you say that he was a bricklayer years ago

Guest The_Oldie
A lot of them are EAs and mortgage advisors, so in answer to your question....no.

And more of them join every day ;).

F

Snap.

I am at work and have plenty i dont want to do.

I do snap out of it every now and again and realize i have spent a min looking at your breasts. Or at least your Avatars breasts.

I've found the following allow me as a self employed person to drastically cut the amount of work and at the same time maximise income:

+ Dont have a website - if you do keep it very basic

+ Dont attend industry jollys, conferances or breakfast / curry clubs

+ Sign up to almost nothing. For example I was cold called for a Pitney Bowes franking machine yesterday but past experience informs me there is no value added and a considerable time cost as anything like this always goes wrong, plus there are contracts, ddms, replacement ink etc to bog you down

+ Have as few staff as possible

+ Dont have complex systems. Have a client database but keep it incredibly simple or long run it becomes a burden

+ File / deal with every piece of post or email the second it arrives

+ Dont get bogged down being a School Govenor or anything similar

+ Only have 2 real freinds

+ Buy the most basic mobile phone and only use it for telephone calls

+ Dont go along with all the techno junk. You might think it adds value, it doesnt it slows you down

Well, I have now returned from a long, hard day at work. My colleagues (except for one who agrees with me as he has seen it all before) give me such a hard time when I express my views on the economy and housing market. Isn't it just scary how ignorant many people are in this respect? :blink::unsure:. My manager simply says she "can't understand how you will ever buy by continuing to save. You can not catch up with house prices as they will continue to go up so you should just buy now!" :blink: . She looks at me with disbelief when I say "we can't afford it." Of course she bought before the boom years. :rolleyes:

Edited by Buffer Bear