House Price Crash Forum

Laid the blame for NR and debt problems squarely at Brown's door - good man.

And Redwood has set them straight on a few things. When it comes to finance the man knows what he's talking about.

Nice to hear such things as 'house price dips' and 'meltdown' (in a financial way) on mainstream tv.

In HPC world things are not rosy.........weird to hear it on tv.

Laid the blame for NR and debt problems squarely at Brown's door - good man.

Indeed. He's a clever chap who can sum a complex situation in a few words, and

is not afraid to go against the herd.

A spell in Special Forces does give a polititian a certain authority.

would love to have seen this, will have to wait a week until they stick up on the bbc, i'm annoyed they dont put question time on BBC world, seems like they really should.

Theres a shortened version of QT going out on News 24 on Saturdays I think

i like the way the 'americanproblem' is mentioned with no mention of the coming even bigger 'uk problem' thats about to crash.

like looking at a small wave saying wow what a tsnunami while behind you is an even bigger one about to crash over you.

also. can you imagine paddy ashdown as tory leader.?

they would win tomorrow.

Edited by right_freds_dead
Not quite sure what Redwood meant about Brown fiddling the inflation figures just before the 2005 election, though.

Yes, I picked that one up, too. Would have been helpful if he'd explained how they were fiddled. Doesn't he have a blog or something? Perhaps he could be called upon to elaborate if the question is put to him by email. I'm surprised he didn't make a comment on the obviously fiddled CPI figure just released.

Guest Skint Academic
i like the way the 'americanproblem' is mentioned with no mention of the coming even bigger 'uk problem' thats about to crash.

It's when the fascists in the white house start to talk about the 'final solution' that you really have to start worrying! :)

It is amazing how Teflon Brown has remained clear of all the flack so far.

I'm sick of hearing about the xx consecutive quarters of economic growth, and 'economic stability' accredited to Brown. With 10% of the GDP being financed directly from the steadily inflating debt bubble over the last 10 years, this was not hard to achieve. My granny could have done it.

I'm sick of hearing about the xx consecutive quarters of economic growth, and 'economic stability' accredited to Brown. With 10% of the GDP being financed directly from the steadily inflating debt bubble over the last 10 years, this was not hard to achieve. My granny could have done it.

Oh dont worry it will all lead back to him eventually, no one is that slick. Every one of his set up patsys will realise they are being shat on from a great height and will drop him in it. The papers seem to be certainly on the way to pegging him for it.

I know - we thought Tony was Teflon but Gordenron seems to be coated in double thick layers of the stuff. What has happened to Tony anyway? I've seen more mention of him on foreign news channels than UK ones, is there a press embargo on him here? I do drive past the Square where his London home is sometimes on late night journeys home and there are always armed police there - maybe Gordo's got him under house arrest :rolleyes:

On the subject of Ashdown. It was disappointing to hear him refer to NR as a Building Society and go on about the proliferation of Building Societies as if that was the problem. No one on the panel corrected him either, just goes to show, there doesn't seem to be anyone much at the top who understands how our financial institutions work, even to a basic degree.

Redwood was okay but Ashdown didn't really start until Redwood explained it. Street-Porter and Amanpour were a waste of space. Street-Porter reckoned it had 'got better' because the queues outisde NR had subsided and Amanpour only made the odd general comment about the US (she's the most overrated journalist in the world).

In this climate Willem Buiter should have been on. And how about John Pilger to represent actual journalism? Nobody on the panel understood it well enough (or at all) to really drive home anything other than the usual political prattle.

This is the biggest economic story in almost eighty years and the panel were kidding on. The audience was full of idiot Liberals who wouldn't applaud Redwood until Ashdown repeated him.

And Dimbleby kept shutting Redwood up.