House Price Crash Forum

The knives are out.......

F*cking bastards.

Robert Peston, who I had previously thought was decent, really seems to have it in for him.

"my mates in the city say horrid things about him"

huh - your mates in the city are the ones to blame Peston! :angry:

Yep, Peston is a very excitable chap isn't he?

Obviously enoying his moment in the sun.

Anyone else noticed how Evan Davies has been completely sidelined in this crisis? He must have been reminded that "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all".

In contrast to Robert "Sex" Peston he provided a fair comment on King's actions on his blog.

The knives are out.......

F*cking bastards.

Yup the get Merv campaign rolls on. Risky bank behaviour not even discussed or dismissed. Maybe Robert is miffed that his blog readers don't even agree with him.

Question Time should be interesting.

Robert Peston, who I had previously thought was decent, really seems to have it in for him.

"my mates in the city say horrid things about him"

huh - your mates in the city are the ones to blame Peston! :angry:

Quite - they would say horrid things about him. He took away their ball and they couldn't keep up their merry-go-round game of making risky money and lovely livings for themselves.

Also disgusted by Peston saying, if BoE had lent earlier, no one need have known about the problems NR and their like were experiencing! As a journalist he should be glad that people are starting to learn how banks have been creating their unsustainable profits and fuelling the lending available to every Tom, Dick and Harry with a pulse. Funny really, as if Beeb hadn't run with main story on their news, probably the story wouldn't have gone much beyond the FT anyway.

Where was Evan tonight?

And there you go. HPC.CO.UK is like some university common room / working mens club / afterschool newt gatherers.

People (like your mum and dad and brother and wife and friends) do not undersand or care about the esoteric things we discuss here. They care about:

Jose & Chelsea

Maddie

Posh & Becks

Their House

cdo, mbs, credit crunch, gold, sub-prime, oil, ftse, off-balance sheet, ipo, fscs, isa, carbon, etc - are *utterly* meaningless to 90% of the population.

The role of Government is to satisfy the basic needs of the majority. All of us here (and I do include my learned friends cgnao, RB, DrB, GF, Scared, talbot, rover, et al) are right and royally conf*sed. WE CAN NOT PREDICT the future.

simple. 100% guaranteed.

(otherwise we'd all have squillions from choosing the right numbers on the lottery natch)

should I start an epetition to burn mystic meg as a witch?

And there you go. HPC.CO.UK is like some university common room / working mens club / afterschool newt gatherers.

People (like your mum and dad and brother and wife and friends) do not undersand or care about the esoteric things we discuss here. They care about:

Jose & Chelsea

Maddie

Posh & Becks

Their House

cdo, mbs, credit crunch, gold, sub-prime, oil, ftse, off-balance sheet, ipo, fscs, isa, carbon, etc - are *utterly* meaningless to 90% of the population.

The role of Government is to satisfy the basic needs of the majority. All of us here (and I do include my learned friends cgnao, RB, DrB, GF, Scared, talbot, rover, et al) are right and royally conf*sed. WE CAN NOT PREDICT the future.

simple. 100% guaranteed.

(otherwise we'd all have squillions from choosing the right numbers on the lottery natch)

should I start an epetition to burn mystic meg as a witch?

No ,no one can predict the future . I come here to get a good idea about which way it's leaning though and to find out what cgnao is going to scare the bejesus out of me with next.

I can see talk of sub-prime catching on with the masses, though.

Kid on bus in Harrow: Yah, bro. 'is missus is well sub-prime.

Another kid on bus: yo, like serious, innit, well sub-prime.

Another kid: Just coz she's gotta tramp stamp don't mean she's sub prime. dat's well out ov ordah.

I can see talk of sub-prime catching on with the masses, though.

Kid on bus in Harrow: Yah, bro. 'is missus is well sub-prime.

Another kid on bus: yo, like serious, innit, well sub-prime.

Another kid: Just coz she's gotta tramp stamp don't mean she's sub prime. dat's well out ov ordah.

yuh git me? that's BATE bruv. bare sub-prime foolishness in 'ere

Did Merv give Peston a knock-back at a job interview or something?

I watched the entire Q&A session with King this morning and Peston's summary of it wasn't what I saw at all.

I have enjoyed reading some of his blogs, but he really has got it in for Merv.

Just because the Bank chiefs are p*ssed off because Merv hasn't rolled over and given them cheap money to cover up their off-balance sheet activities, doesn't mean Merv was wrong to deny them the money.

NR have been exposed as an utter crock of sh*t. Hence their market value is now less than £1bn. That has nothing to do with the Governor of the central bank. It has everything to do with them being a crock of sh*t.

Did Merv give Peston a knock-back at a job interview or something?

I watched the entire Q&A session with King this morning and Peston's summary of it wasn't what I saw at all.

I have enjoyed reading some of his blogs, but he really has got it in for Merv.

Just because the Bank chiefs are p*ssed off because Merv hasn't rolled over and given them cheap money to cover up their off-balance sheet activities, doesn't mean Merv was wrong to deny them the money.

NR have been exposed as an utter crock of sh*t. Hence their market value is now less than £1bn. That has nothing to do with the Governor of the central bank. It has everything to do with them being a crock of sh*t.

Peston's father is a labour peer.

Wiki: "......and is the son of Labour peer and economist Maurice Peston, Baron Peston."

Wiki

Make sense now? <_<

What is your point exactly? I think I missed it.

No ,no one can predict the future . I come here to get a good idea about which way it's leaning though and to find out what cgnao is going to scare the bejesus out of me with next.

I come here to specifically NOT listen to people who didn't predict this coming, and to listen to anyone who understands what has happened and is going on.

Hmm. I think I am spotting a pattern here. I recall a certain headline about a "recovery" in NRK shares despite the fact that they appear to have lost their entire gains back to 2001. Still, I suppose some people aren't going to actually *check* this:

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=NRK.L&a...&q=l&c=

I want to shake your hand. I was thinking precisely the same thing earlier today. NRK is a goner, as monkey-man takes pains to explain. Like I said, people who know what is going on.

;)