House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
zhinzhon

Who Is Paying Your Mortgage ?

A lad at work today, says he has recieved a court summons for a hearing about repossesing his property. On the envelope was the markets "Do not redirect". This was the first bit of post he claims he has recieved in months.

As the story goes it appear he left the payment for the home with his wife and that it came out by direct debit every month. What has transpired is she had cancelled the direct debit and was channelling the money into another account she had setup to runaway from him. She had taken out a lot of credit cards and loans, but apparently she had setup a mail redirection to a mailboxes etc in Manchester, where she collected all the mail, bills demands for payments etc and disposed of any evidence of their true financial state.

She left him a few weeks ago to go to abroad somewhere, having run up £60,000 worth of loans and credit card debt not to mention the money he was giving her to pay the mortgage.

Basically, we will see how this runs in the upcoming months, needless to say, you pays your mortgage and are you sure.

A lad at work today, says he has recieved a court summons for a hearing about repossesing his property. On the envelope was the markets "Do not redirect". This was the first bit of post he claims he has recieved in months.

As the story goes it appear he left the payment for the home with his wife and that it came out by direct debit every month. What has transpired is she had cancelled the direct debit and was channelling the money into another account she had setup to runaway from him. She had taken out a lot of credit cards and loans, but apparently she had setup a mail redirection to a mailboxes etc in Manchester, where she collected all the mail, bills demands for payments etc and disposed of any evidence of their true financial state.

She left him a few weeks ago to go to abroad somewhere, having run up £60,000 worth of loans and credit card debt not to mention the money he was giving her to pay the mortgage.

Basically, we will see how this runs in the upcoming months, needless to say, you pays your mortgage and are you sure.

This is very sad, but indicative of how people are these days.

Fortunately I look after all of the money side of things in our house. :)

Take a contract out on her I say! ;)

Quite right to. Anyone who did that to me would be made to pay one way or another! Mind you I don´t trust anyone else enough to let them have a say in my financial affairs.

Trust is a luxurious concept in the modern world.

Quite right to. Anyone who did that to me would be made to pay one way or another! Mind you I don´t trust anyone else enough to let them have a say in my financial affairs.

Trust is a luxurious concept in the modern world.

It was his wife ffs!!

Trust should be implicit.

It was his wife ffs!!

Makes no difference thesedays wife, girlfriend whoever. Seen so many mates stitched up financially - one almost to the point of suicide! The sooner pre-nuptials become legal the better!

It was his wife ffs!!

That is an emotional comment but not logical. Everybody is in love when they get married. Many many marriages end in divorce. So trust should be implicit but should still be contractual.

As the story goes it appear he left the payment for the home with his wife and that it came out by direct debit every month.

Yea well, these things never come out of the blue, there are always warning signs,

she didn't turn into a nasty bitch over night, if indeed that's what she is.

What's her side of the story? Did he fart in bed? In which case she is wholely justified.

Will your partners stick with you through thick and thin ? The 60,000 pound question.

One day, long, long ago, there lived a woman who, surprisingly,

did not whine, nag, and bitch........

But this was a long time ago.....

and it was just ONE day.

The End

You could come and fart in my bed for £60k. I need some warning though as I don't have one.

Thanks.....I'll take up your offer next time I blow through.

Edited by council dweller

Thanks.....I'll take up your offer next time I blow through.

I lived with a scheming pychotic slag for 3 years. We bought a house together although I put 85% of the equity in. Luckily we took out a deed of trust (on my mothers advice). We she frikked off with her slimey builder friend she thought she would get half the value of the equity in the house. It was a bit of a disappointment when she ended up with £30K less (of my money) than she anticpiated. All legal and above board.

The builder dumped her 3 weeks later as well :lol:

I am not sure I believe his story.

You'd have to be completely naive to simply hand over the wedge and not have a clue. It all seems too neat - he's the wronged one, she's a conniving witch who will be going outside the jurisdiction with someone else's money. In the 21st century, even the most henpecked man surely checks out stuff like this and the bank accounts etc. Is it not totally negligent not to do so ?

Maybe he's telling you the whole truth, but I doubt it.