House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
the end is a bit nigher

What Will Happen To Merv?

Guest Charlie The Tramp

I believe he will remain and accept a further tenure at the end of his present one, seriously.

I believe he will remain and accept a further tenure at the end of his present one, seriously.

I would prefer this to happen, however, i suspect he will be used as the scapegoat and given a carrot or stick i.e. retire graciously and be acknowledged for your public service or get the chop and get nothing but blame

None of your options, he will resign.

Mr King suffers the curse of the honorable man. He cannot now do the right thing (resign, blow whistle) because he has been manouvered into a position where this would result in systemic failure. He will be forced to continue to the end of his tenure, when he will choose to spend more time with his family.

But mark my words:

He will have his revenge. In this life or the next.

But mark my words:

He will have his revenge. In this life or the next.

B*gger! I was rather hoping before friday

Guest Bart of Darkness
I think he will step down and take the honour

Seems most likely. Sticking my neck out slightly, I predict that he will be replaced by an animatronic waxdroid, programmed to say "we will remain vigilant", "read my lips, no more rate rises", "where's the tea and biscuits" and "oh god, don't blame me, it was all everybody else's fault, I didn't want to cut rates in 2005, honest guv".

The "Mervobot 5000" as it will be known will be cheaper to run but appear slightly more human and convincing during press conferences. In an attempt to appear grounded in contemporary culture, its response to practically every question will be "computer says no".

mervyn_king.jpg

Mervyn King

mervyn_king.jpg

Mervobot 5000

Guest Charlie The Tramp
I would prefer this to happen, however, i suspect he will be used as the scapegoat and given a carrot or stick i.e. retire graciously and be acknowledged for your public service or get the chop and get nothing but blame

IMO it will come out that the sinister forces put pressure on him to inject the money into the system. Can`t wait to read his memoirs if he did get the chop. There would be no discount on his book as with Alistair Campbell.

He is every childs favourite Grandad. :)

He looks like a reasonably nice chap as well.

I would say poor ******* having to deal with this, but then, his pay is an average house a year.

Can you add a "dead in the woods/kidney failure/heart attack" option please?

If I were Merv I would be looking over my shoulder.

Joking aside ... I hope ... Merv was the one that told us it the end of NICE a while ago ... problem is the rest of the bar stewards won't let it go.