House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fancypants

Independence Of Boe

I'm just curious - after Merv has recently had his arm twisted into bailing out NRK and accepting MBS as collateral for the new loans - is there anyone out there that can still make a compelling case for the Bank being genuinely independent?

I'm just curious - after Merv has recently had his arm twisted into bailing out NRK and accepting MBS as collateral for the new loans - is there anyone out there that can still make a compelling case for the Bank being genuinely independent?

Nope.

Nope.

:lol: thought not. I might as well have responded with a picture of some tumbleweed. It wasn't so long ago that people were arguing on here that the bank was genuinely independent.

:lol: thought not. I might as well have responded with a picture of some tumbleweed. It wasn't so long ago that people were arguing on here that the bank was genuinely independent.

Seems like an extremely bizarre notion now.

F

Let me think........errr... no.... nope............no way!

The system as it stands is in dissaray - you own the bank a grand and the bank controls you... you owe the bank a trillion and you control the bank.

The BOE and especially the FSA (both are puppets of this government - no illusions now) have allowed the banks to become hostage to the situation - this government is morally corupt - it has allowed those hard working famillies who have saved to maintain themselves in their old age to rot by guaranteeing that their savings are eroded by inflation. Inflation that will simply overwhelm them and ensure that they on the poverty line - they will be looking to the state for handouts - just where our dictator Brown wants them so he can dish out the alms to whome and when he feels like - this fecking idiot is not happy to spend all the money we earn today - he has spent our future earnings too.

This government has let its people down just to hang onto power - this is not the action of conviction politicians it is the action of jobbing politicians who seek to line their own pockets at the expense of their electorate.

Still most people seem to think that so long as their houses are worth an every increasing amount of money ,even tho the money is worth less (and may become worthless!) then they are happy.

Struth - you would think that the opposition would spell this out to the people - well - if they can't then I guess we deserve what we get.

I hope Brown and this Labour government rot in hell for the damage that they have done to this once Great Britain.

HAL

Let me think........errr... no.... nope............no way!

The system as it stands is in dissaray - you own the bank a grand and the bank controls you... you owe the bank a trillion and you control the bank.

The BOE and especially the FSA (both are puppets of this government - no illusions now) have allowed the banks to become hostage to the situation - this government is morally corupt - it has allowed those hard working famillies who have saved to maintain themselves in their old age to rot by guaranteeing that their savings are eroded by inflation. Inflation that will simply overwhelm them and ensure that they on the poverty line - they will be looking to the state for handouts - just where our dictator Brown wants them so he can dish out the alms to whome and when he feels like - this fecking idiot is not happy to spend all the money we earn today - he has spent our future earnings too.

This government has let its people down just to hang onto power - this is not the action of conviction politicians it is the action of jobbing politicians who seek to line their own pockets at the expense of their electorate.

Still most people seem to think that so long as their houses are worth an every increasing amount of money ,even tho the money is worth less (and may become worthless!) then they are happy.

Struth - you would think that the opposition would spell this out to the people - well - if they can't then I guess we deserve what we get.

I hope Brown and this Labour government rot in hell for the damage that they have done to this once Great Britain.

HAL

.....yes as you suggest Cameron and Campbell have failed in their roles in parliament...let them resign and bring in people who understand exactly what is going on ....these guys are rabbits staring into headlights....we need to overcome this 'Broon' dictatorship ...who elected him .?...who voted for him....?...... :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

HAL

Good post Hal - i guess the problem is people don't understand inflation and so it is not likely to lose you votes whereas people understand the immediate effects of interest rate rises. I was talking to a woman the other day, friends girlfriend, who has all her savings in her current account. I asked her if she relsied that the real value was being eroded as the interest paid was less than inflation and her answer was that she wasn't bothered about that as long as her money was safe.

Most people have no idea about the sleight of hand that is going on.

F

Still most people seem to think that so long as their houses are worth an every increasing amount of money

Remember the old 'Carpet Bagging' Day's??

Those few ££'s they doled out to delighted freeloaders, whilst banking competition was 'centralised' into the hands of 'the few' are now being reclaimed - with interest!

Carrots >

DONKEYS >

Now

THE STICK!

Edited by erranta