House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gruffydd

Are The Fsa A Joke Or What?

Phoned the FSA and asked whether Alistair Darling's statement about protecting deposits referred to 'existing' deposits or 'all' deposits. Answer - only exisiting deposits. Then contacted newspaper contact who told me the Treasury had told him that it referred to 'ALL' deposits at Northern Rock.

:ph34r:

Phoned the FSA and asked whether Alistair Darling's statement about protecting deposits referred to 'existing' deposits or 'all' deposits. Answer - only exisiting deposits. Then contacted newspaper contact who told me the Treasury had told him that it referred to 'ALL' deposits at Northern Rock.

:ph34r:

let's just say that the arrangement set up by the Financial Services & Marketing Act 1998 has not been properly tested yet. I don't think Mr McCarthy came across as being very convincing on Newsnight last night.

Ive had no reply from BoE.

I think it is significant that there is no statement (beyond what Darling said on TV after Paulson mtg) covering this.

There is no written statement of the terms, scope etc etc on either the Bank, Treasury of FSA websites.

They are hoping to liquidate NoRK as soon as possible so they never have to actually back it up. It was a sleight of hand designed to get the sheeple of the streets and buy them time.

let's just say that the arrangement set up by the Financial Services & Marketing Act 1998 has not been properly tested yet. I don't think Mr McCarthy came across as being very convincing on Newsnight last night.

...the rule in dealing with money is don't believe anything until you see it in writing.....have you seen anything in writing from the government....?... :o:o:o .

...the rule in dealing with money is don't believe anything until you see it in writing.....have you seen anything in writing from the government....?... :o:o:o .

There is a possibility that Brown acted ultra vires. Under EU law bailing out a private bank may be illegal. If so, the guarantee falls on the person making it. Bottom line Brown and his minions may now be personally liable for the banks they purported to gurantee with taxpayers money.

GOTCHA!