House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
north/south divide

Mse Anecdotal

Just read this on MSE and thought it was quite interesting what the OP had been told regarding lending criteria changing since NR debaucle..

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=554841

Another sopey girl not knowing whats she's doing , pity she didn't say who the lender was , new build as well :rolleyes:

To be fair, she is 20 and earning 32K - unlikely to have major problems assuming wage increases in the future and stable job.

Two different posters. I can put my stupified envy away for today.

Good grief...all these 20 year olds obsessing about buying property! When I was 20 all I was interested in doing was drinking beer, smoking, going to jazz clubs, riding my bike while drunk and copping off with girls.

That's probably why I'm still renting at the age of 35! :lol:

To be fair, she is 20 and earning 32K - unlikely to have major problems assuming wage increases in the future and stable job.

It sounds like they earn £32k joint and are borrowing about 4 x joint salary. So they are a couple of low wage monkeys, probably working for Northern Rock or selling mobile phones.

It sounds like they earn £32k joint and are borrowing about 4 x joint salary. So they are a couple of low wage monkeys, probably working for Northern Rock or selling mobile phones.

:lol:

Wnaker.

Edited by frozen_out

A couple of people tried to offer good advice and it was met with rudeness. Newbuild financed by NR. No worries. If their house goes up by 200% in the next three years (which I'm sure they think it may) they can come here and laugh at us curmudgeons. :lol:

Am I missing something? :blink:

Do you sell mobile phones or work for NR? Apologies if that is the case.

Neither. I just think it's incredibly rude and arrogant to dismiss people who are just trying to get along in life in such an off-hand manner. The majority of couples in the country of their age probably earn about that as joint income. Describing them as monkeys just ain't on.

Neither. I just think it's incredibly rude and arrogant to dismiss people who are just trying to get along in life in such an off-hand manner. The majority of couples in the country of their age probably earn about that as joint income. Describing them as monkeys just ain't on.

Didn't realise you were so sensitive about this term. When I worked on banking my colleagues and I described ourselves as spreadsheet monkeys. It's a generic term for a junior position often involving repetitive tasks.

Didn't realise you were so sensitive about this term. When I worked on banking my colleagues and I described ourselves as spreadsheet monkeys. It's a generic term for a junior position often involving repetitive tasks.

Fair enough, describe yoursleves however you like. But describing other people as 'low wage monkeys' in a derogatory manner marks you out as immature and juvenile.