House Price Crash Forum

The Fed

crash2006

HOLA441
Those Yen Dollar carry trades will also be coming under a bit of pressure.

That's what I thought, but the Yen is taking an even bigger beating than the Dollar. If that keeps up then the unwinding of the Yen Dollar carry trade could reverse.

Any ideas why the Yen is falling?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
HOLA443
That's what I thought, but the Yen is taking an even bigger beating than the Dollar. If that keeps up then the unwinding of the Yen Dollar carry trade could reverse.

Any ideas why the Yen is falling?

the yen is falling becuase there are so many people who expected this and put massive longs on the euro/aud/nzd, to finance that they borrowed yen!

HOLA444
I ordered bullion through Goldline this morning. Haven't got a confirmation yet. You think they ran out of it? :(

This might cheer you up. I just checked the Stirling price of gold on BullionVault. DOWN. It just currencies (think of Gold as a currency) adjusting to the new world order.

HOLA445
the yen is falling becuase there are so many people who expected this and put massive longs on the euro/aud/nzd, to finance that they borrowed yen!

So the deals are being closed now that the decision has been made, hence the drop, yes?

I must find out how to long and short on the markets. Thanks.

HOLA446
This might cheer you up. I just checked the Stirling price of gold on BullionVault. DOWN. It just currencies (think of Gold as a currency) adjusting to the new world order.

Gold the last few hours was rather Dollar action, true. We might see more genuine buying tomorrow. But you're right, if they tell me they screwed up the order and I can buy at cheaper prices tomorrow, I'll cheer. :D

HOLA447
HOLA448
how will euroland compete with america?

will euroland cut or devalue in another way, will euroland break up?

the uk should do well in all this, our biggest trading parters, euroland, can now buy more from us for less!

The Eurozone has no problems competing, the Eurozone trade SURPLUS was US$76.8 billion on an annualised basis in July, whereas the US trade DEFICIT was US$710 billion on an annualised basis. So...I don't think people in the Eurozone will be losing a lot of sleep over it.

What the US economy needs is stability so that people can come up with new products that foreigners want. What the US economy will get is bad management, chaos, and military products to kill foreigners.

Edited by Della

HOLA449