House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
darko

3 Investments For 30k

Hi guys,

I have to invest about 90K... I would like to invest them for one year time.

Reading the forum, the best thing to do seems to be, investing in cash bonds... is it still the right choice to do it now, after what's happening in the UK economy?

Can you tell me between 3 to 5 product where I should invest my 30K (3 investment of 30K)

Thanks in advance.

Hi guys,

I have to invest about 90K... I would like to invest them for one year time.

Reading the forum, the best thing to do seems to be, investing in cash bonds... is it still the right choice to do it now, after what's happening in the UK economy?

Can you tell me between 3 to 5 product where I should invest my 30K (3 investment of 30K)

Thanks in advance.

Some suggestions:

NS&I - 30K premium bonds, 30K tax free index linked certs (two lots of 15K in fact) - these are all good if you're a higher rate tax payer, less so if you pay basic rate

Nationwide - solid institution and decent rates

You could also consider one of these - http://www.h-l.co.uk/fund_research/fund_se...amp;investment= - even better if you have your ISA allowance to use up since they'd be tax free for 7K

Other than that, moneyfacts will give you league tables of current offers - http://www.moneyfacts.co.uk/savings/default.aspx

Hi there, i'm in a similar position myself (not quite so lucky as you I have £30k in total) :( . I'm looking at currently;

Gold (already in) - the dollar is inflating its way into oblivion and the markets are starting to realise. Its also a bet against the £, which I believe is very precarious right now and will follow $

Euro's - as above, I can see Euro as the worlds currency in 5-10 yrs, already showing strength

Mining shares - significant upside potential, but wouldn't put a third of my money in, mybe 10% because if there is a significant global downturn these would be effected by demand.

ABC