House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Winnie

Index Watching Thread Du Jour

Guest Winnie

First off, all of those of you who hate market watching threads, go play elsewhere. This is a big day and it will be fun to watch and share.

Am I correct in thinking that the FTSE just spiked significantly because of better than expected Lehman results and softer inflation data just out in the US? If this is because they expect it will support the case for a rate cut, then as and when one happens both markets are going to skyrocket and gold will come down.

there are some genuine maniacs out there....short term euphoria to make sure they keep their bonuses....just.

Guest Popalot

Fed decision is not until 7.15 GMT tonight, so plenty of time for craziness all afternoon. Although I am tempted to dabble, some huge swings could occur today and overnight....not for the faint-hearted.

And BTW, yes I think your instinct on the spike is right. :blink:

First off, all of those of you who hate market watching threads, go play elsewhere. This is a big day and it will be fun to watch and share.

Am I correct in thinking that the FTSE just spiked significantly because of better than expected Lehman results and softer inflation data just out in the US? If this is because they expect it will support the case for a rate cut, then as and when one happens both markets are going to skyrocket and gold will come down.

there are some genuine maniacs out there....short term euphoria to make sure they keep their bonuses....just.

Our Darling chancellor has just said that the British government will underwrite all existing US home loans in order to reassure the banks that they can lend to each other safely and so ease the liquidity problems.

This global credit laxative has eased the blockage but we are all now running to the bogs before we shit ourselves. Would sir like a mint tea to help with the digestion of the hyper inflationary main course?