House Price Crash Forum

What l find really strange is how many site detractors seem to 'awake' whenever there's a bearish period to come here and slate the site, its posters and HPC concepts generally. You must be genuinely ill to seek this sort of confrontation out, and as l'm never one to judge the mental conditions of others l assume they are under orders.

Still we are making progress. Ducardo can only manage to ridicule the belief that a major economic crisis is on the offing. He has already accepted that house prices will correct over the next few years along with the logical recession that will bring. Its almost as if the HPC argument itself doesn't matter, as long as the credibility of the site itself can be attacked somehow.

Ducardo:

I kind of agree with you there, but I see a 90's style recession looming rather than the collapse of the system, a more of a soft landing for house prices (in this part of the country worse I think in the BTL market).

I agree that things can (could) not carry on like they have been, but the corrections are taking place that will over the next few years make housing more affordable, and is that not what the more lucid posters on here want?

Do you think he is a VI? Noticed his posts. I think he is an EA with not much to do at the moment. :lol::lol::lol:

Well I prefer to live in reality, it's far less disappointing.

You see I have seen it all before from the millennium bug to peak oil, the language is always the same, it generally equates to the end is nigh, it never is something always turns up to save the day, or the day was never under threat

I am no bull, I have been a bear for a long time, it's just that I do not buy the crazy doom laden predictions made by many,lets look at why some people would be predicting runs on certain banks or posting unfounded rumours shall we, I think you will find who has the vested interest.

A slow down is coming but not a massive crash, is there something wrong with saying that? Or is it a case of tread softly for you tread on my dreams?

Wierdly enough, Ducardo is my favourite troll. I like his name and his avatar...at least he is totally open, unlike the other definite trolls on here....Also he is not quite as twisted and bitter in his language as the others.....we all know who they are, yawn...most actually post as Neithers, (d23, LevyProcess, bearbullfence etc...etc...) in keeping with their desire for stealth on this site. It doesn't fool most of us of course.

Wierdly enough, Ducardo is my favourite troll. I like his name and his avatar...at least he is totally open, unlike the other definite trolls on here....Also he is not quite as twisted and bitter in his language as the others.....we all know who they are, yawn...most actually post as Neithers, (d23, LevyProcess, bearbullfence etc...etc...) in keeping with their desire for stealth on this site. It doesn't fool most of us of course.

I was disappointed that i didn't get a mention there. :huh:

There is nothing wrong with a bit of bear bating. There are some fanatics on this forum that deserve a bit of a drag back down to planet earth. If people want to make posts that are utter nonsense, then they should expect a bit of ridicule.

I state i am a neither as I am still seeking the truth of what is going to occur in the markets. At times I feel bearish and times I feel bullish so its only right to state that you are in the "neither" camp

Shame that when someone disagrees with a bearish post that they are then labelled a troll

Note to the tech guys/administrators: Can you change the profile options from bear/bull/neither to bear/troll. That will please a few people.

I was disappointed that i didn't get a mention there. :huh:

There is nothing wrong with a bit of bear bating. There are some fanatics on this forum that deserve a bit of a drag back down to planet earth. If people want to make posts that are utter nonsense, then they should expect a bit of ridicule.

I state i am a neither as I am still seeking the truth of what is going to occur in the markets. At times I feel bearish and times I feel bullish so its only right to state that you are in the "neither" camp

Shame that when someone disagrees with a bearish post that they are then labelled a troll

Note to the tech guys/administrators: Can you change the profile options from bear/bull/neither to bear/troll. That will please a few people.

No, you see, you just are not as cute as Ducardo....sorry......don't be jealous though..or even mad as a frog!

I did not pick the avatar it was put there by the admin of the site, ho hum

What I am aware of is that there are some people on here that profess to be bears but, I am certain of the fact that they are ramping their positions in the market, they are using the bearish sentiments of the majority of people on here to make money by leaking unfounded rumours and false stories.

Now does anyone thinks that is right?

Guest Skint Academic
You see I have seen it all before from the millennium bug

The millennium bug went something like this.

'If I carry on running towards that cliff edge I will fall off and die. So I will change course and fix the problem. Oh look I didn't fall off the cliff edge now that I am running away from it. It looks like my original premise was wrong.'

The Millennium bug was causing problems in the years before 2000. A hell of a lot of money was spent fixing the bug. But despite this there were still a few problems after 2000. No one knows how bad (or otherwise) it would have been if all that legacy code had not been fixed.

• 2 weeks later...