House Price Crash Forum
madasafrog

Meanwhile Back On Planet Earth

This forum is undergoing a wealth of publicity through the hard work of people who have invested a lot of time and effort to get an important message across to the general public.

I myself have been a long term lurker and short term poster so have had a little time to understand the general theme of this of forum. Overall it has a bearish theme (no surprise) but the arguments have been backed up with very astute and learned arguments (with arguments for and against from other members).

While this forum is in the spotlight, lets make the best of it and put some good and validated opinions across instead of some of loony threads.

A pat on the back for the members of this forum

This forum is undergoing a wealth of publicity through the hard work of people who have invested a lot of time and effort to get an important message across to the general public.

I myself have been a long term lurker and short term poster so have had a little time to understand the general theme of this of forum. Overall it has a bearish theme (no surprise) but the arguments have been backed up with very astute and learned arguments (with arguments for and against from other members).

While this forum is in the spotlight, lets make the best of it and put some good and validated opinions across instead of some of loony threads.

Ooh go us-look it's the group hug thread :lol: Noone ever pays attention to us lot on here, surely? :unsure: But we're just the loony doom-mongering posse :lol::P

Edited by stonethecrows

Ooh go us-look it's the group hug thread :lol: Noone ever pays attention to us lot on here, surely? :unsure: But we're just the loony doom-mongering posse :lol::P

....." loony doom-mongering posse"...no ..it's a case of analysing the data without any politically correct motive.... <_<

Agreed. I think in future all posts on the forum should be vetted to ensure they are in keeping with the message of the site before the are displayed.

The forum has such an influence (and readership) amongst the general populace that we must make sure that all those browsing here, who will surely be sufficient to direct future house prices, interest rates and a number of other factors, get the right information.

Unless there's sufficient information here for those with enough intelligence to find the site in the first place to sift through and find the key information. I'd like to think they can.

Agreed. I think in future all posts on the forum should be vetted to ensure they are in keeping with the message of the site before the are displayed.

The forum has such an influence (and readership) amongst the general populace that we must make sure that all those browsing here, who will surely be sufficient to direct future house prices, interest rates and a number of other factors, get the right information.

Unless there's sufficient information here for those with enough intelligence to find the site in the first place to sift through and find the key information. I'd like to think they can.

.....sounds like censorship to me..... :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::o

You mean censorship? :angry:

BOWLARKS-this forum is what it is BECAUSE it is NOT highly moderated and freedom of speech is permitted. There are always at LEAST 3 sides to every story-and in the case of some threads it's more like a hundred and 23 :lol: !

.....sounds like censorship to me..... :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::o

Great minds and all that.... you can obviously type faster than me as well. ;)

Agreed guys - I was being ironic. I say let all the posts continue - loony or not. Forums like this are for people to express all opinions, no just those for the benefit of the media.

We all have a complain or just let off some steam on this forum sometimes. I'm sure anyone really interested in the topic will read a wide range of posts (as I did when I first found the site) and make their own minds up

You make me feel like i am berating a troublesome child that has suffered a mislead upbringing. Are you avin a turkish?

BOWLARKS-this forum is what it is BECAUSE it is NOT highly moderated and freedom of speech is permitted. There are always at LEAST 3 sides to every story-and in the case of some threads it's more like a hundred and 23 :lol: !

LOL

SOOOOOOOOOOO bloody true!

In the "old day's" on 'ere we always had a mad hour between 12pm-1am just to de-stress.

Even Charlie used to join in most days.

What a load of sh*te, if you want censored /vetted information why don't you go somewhere else - there's no end of it on the beeb! <_<

You make me feel like i am berating a troublesome child that has suffered a mislead upbringing. Are you avin a turkish?

I assume you mean misled.

The point I'm trying to make (troublesome or not) is that forums like this are for people to express their thoughts, opinions, and random musings. To suggest we should censor this as someone may be watching, as per your original post, is just plain wrong.

Many people may well find some resonance with what you term a 'loony thread', or not associate with some of the more technical, in depth threads. I don't think it's for us to judge what content is wrong or right. Rather, let people post what they wish and others make up their own mind.

Referring to another poster as a troublesome child smacks of conceit, and a lack of respect for the opinions of others.

I assume you mean misled.

The point I'm trying to make (troublesome or not) is that forums like this are for people to express their thoughts, opinions, and random musings. To suggest we should censor this as someone may be watching, as per your original post, is just plain wrong.

Many people may well find some resonance with what you term a 'loony thread', or not associate with some of the more technical, in depth threads. I don't think it's for us to judge what content is wrong or right. Rather, let people post what they wish and others make up their own mind.

Referring to another poster as a troublesome child smacks of conceit, and a lack of respect for the opinions of others.

Fair comment. I have been critical of some who have been in my opinion a bit too "avid" on the bear news that has been shooting around in the last 24 hours.

Truth be told, my sig says neither bull or bear, but I am steering 60% to bear.

I have respect for this forum which is why i will shout out for the bull view at times to give a balanced perspective.

Fair comment. I have been critical of some who have been in my opinion a bit too "avid" on the bear news that has been shooting around in the last 24 hours.

Truth be told, my sig says neither bull or bear, but I am steering 60% to bear.

I have respect for this forum which is why i will shout out for the bull view at times to give a balanced perspective.

I know just what you mean, but I think ultimately this forum is pretty much a 'bear stronghold', but like any site people with a genuine interest will read through the posts on here and make up their own opinion - be it bear or bull.

People will find singing pig too, and find a converse view there. And then find the BBC and be reassured!

I have respect for the forum too, but I think we both realise it's just that - an internet forum where anyone can post. I don't think it's ever going to be a trusted, reliable source of information as it's just too partisan, but it has it's place :)

I know just what you mean, but I think ultimately this forum is pretty much a 'bear stronghold', but like any site people with a genuine interest will read through the posts on here and make up their own opinion - be it bear or bull.

People will find singing pig too, and find a converse view there. And then find the BBC and be reassured!

I have respect for the forum too, but I think we both realise it's just that - an internet forum where anyone can post. I don't think it's ever going to be a trusted, reliable source of information as it's just too partisan, but it has it's place :)

For me, worthy of a bump. Been a lurker for 99% of time. Being a shameless bumper.......Cheers to "house or home"

Not my comments above.

Edited by madasafrog

Urr - just a minute

Most of the feckin British Press have been stealing our 'dug up' truths amongst the Vi Bullcr@p and quoting off HPC for years and there were/are some amazing posters who still do it.

We used to have a good laugh second guessing who's posts whould crop up in the following Sunday's papers.

Agreed guys - I was being ironic. I say let all the posts continue - loony or not. Forums like this are for people to express all opinions, no just those for the benefit of the media.

We all have a complain or just let off some steam on this forum sometimes. I'm sure anyone really interested in the topic will read a wide range of posts (as I did when I first found the site) and make their own minds up

Sorry I missed the irony... so much happening this last few days on the HPC front I'm a bit dazed. :blink::P

Sorry I missed the irony... so much happening this last few days on the HPC front I'm a bit dazed. :blink::P

Bloody bumpkins :P

Edited in fear of uspetting the hoo ray henries on the hunt that we are not allowed to complain about.....

T...ts....

Edited in case of getting sued.....

Edited by madasafrog

what a stupid idea