House Price Crash Forum

He's been on C4 News and Newsnight, and that's the only TV that I've seen this evening....

...is he getting worried about his wife's BTL portfolio?

:P

He was on the Today Programme yesterday as well. Wants NR to be nationalised if all else fails. Would be fascinating to hear what he thinks about B&B, A&L etc...

His wife must have given one hell of an ear-bashing before he hit the studios.

While we are on the subject of that programme, Alistair Darling sounded simply hopeless (facts all over the place). Was given a very easy time by Jim Naughtie though.

He's been on C4 News and Newsnight, and that's the only TV that I've seen this evening....

...is he getting worried about his wife's BTL portfolio?

:P

Good find. I saw him on the news twice yesterday (CH4 and Newsnight). On the former, though hopping up and down in a slightly demented way, he pointed out that a bank run had not been seen in Britain for a very long time. On the latter he took the Newsnight reporter to task for swallowing the government's line about only finding about the NR issue this weekend without questioning why they hadn't been prepared for something like this for 6 weeks. So, basically, the guy seems to talk sense - I recall also an article (which was linked to on HPC) about the property market which was a good (bear) read. To then find out that he's also up to his neck in it (albeit by virtue of his wife's activities) beggars belief and shows how hypocritical the media and, in my view, particularly the Guardian, is.

Hutton is a complete hypocrite. It's not often I agree with Anne Widdicome, but she's on the money with this opinion.

Interesting to see that despite all his ranting about housing and BTL rip-off merchants, he's never once admitted in an interview that his wife (and by extension, himself) is part of the problem.

Even more interesting that no tv presenter has ever asked him THE question.

Why the hell does he even get invited onto these programs for comment? It's like asking Jonathan King to do a sketch for Children In Need !!!

What a lovely, smug little world all these media types live in, eh ? Definitely not the real world inhabited by 98% of the British public. Am I angry ? :angry: :angry: :angry:

I saw him on the news twice yesterday (CH4 and Newsnight). On the former, though hopping up and down in a slightly demented way...

Will appeared slightly demented - agreed - also extremely anxious. Could anybody come over as more desperate - rivalling Jim Cramer !

The question answered itself this morning - Rosie Millard. She was completely wired. :blink:

Will appeared slightly demented - agreed - also extremely anxious. Could anybody come over as more desperate - rivalling Jim Cramer !

The question answered itself this morning - Rosie Millard. She was completely wired. :blink:

Oh no!!! Don't tell me they wheeled out Rosie Millard and I missed it. What did she have to say for herself?

What did she have to say for herself?

People shouldn't worry about a crash - everything is fine, oh, and as anecdotal evidence her friend has just fought off three other offers and paid cash for her new spec house.

Lets face it if those financially savvy, highly intelligent " U " types such as Rosie and her friends still have confidence - so should everybody else - right ? :unsure:

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=56299

Hutton is a complete hypocrite

Definitely - a NuLabor cheer leader par-excellence. It is like William Joyce being asked to comment on Jewish issues.

The Newsnight Journalist is Stephanie "mud mud glorius mud" Flanders btw.

Hutton could cash in with a second edition of "The State We're In".

Definitely - a NuLabor cheer leader par-excellence. It is like William Joyce being asked to comment on Jewish issues.

The Newsnight Journalist is Stephanie "mud mud glorius mud" Flanders btw.

Hutton could cash in with a second edition of "The State We're In".

Of course is a hypocrite he works for the guardian - most of them are.

Does anyone remember the interview with the guardian's editor about his pay ?

http://news.independent.co.uk/media/article2411713.ece