House Price Crash Forum

Apocalypse Postponed?

:ph34r: Now I am a bear have been for a long time, but I have never bought some of the apocalyptic nonsense espoused by some on this forum and a few others, it all sounds very much like the other so called crises like the Millennium Bug (remember that one the biggest confidence trick pulled by the IT industry).

Given that the Uber Bears like to cry wolf at every opportunity and lets face it over the years some have been crying it a lot, what are the chances that this will all lead to a soft landing rather than doomsday.

I well remember the last so called crash, it’s true that many people were forced into negative equity, but in my part of the north west, what happened was the price of property just stuck for over 10 years! Previous to that the price had trebled, bit like now.

In short if nothing much comes of this mess in the markets, are any of the Uber Bears going to come on here and own up and say they have got it wrong?

:ph34r: Now I am a bear have been for a long time, but I have never bought some of the apocalyptic nonsense espoused by some on this forum and a few others, it all sounds very much like the other so called crises like the Millennium Bug (remember that one the biggest confidence trick pulled by the IT industry).

Given that the Uber Bears like to cry wolf at every opportunity and lets face it over the years some have been crying it a lot, what are the chances that this will all lead to a soft landing rather than doomsday.

I well remember the last so called crash, it’s true that many people were forced into negative equity, but in my part of the north west, what happened was the price of property just stuck for over 10 years! Previous to that the price had trebled, bit like now.

In short if nothing much comes of this mess in the markets, are any of the Uber Bears going to come on here and own up and say they have got it wrong?

No chance,the "bloodletting" theory holds water.Ive traced it back as far as the 1970's,and some economists made a pretty substantial case for it going back further.

• 4 weeks later...