House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dingleberry

Site Melting Down Under The Weight Of Visitors?

One moment there are over a thousand people here (mostly guests); the next, the site's inaccessible!

Site Owners you got to do something about this, this site has been down more times than the DJIA lately.

Getting boring, and doesnt say much for new visitors.

Due to the sheer weight of traffic today we decided to bring forward the storage upgrade at short notice. This resulted in around 10mins of slow response speed on the site.

The upgrade is now complete, and the servers are much happier on their new storage. We envisage being able to handle many more active users on the site from now on, so hopefully that should be the end to performance problems and downtime.

Again, sorry for any inconvenience and lack of notice, but that should be the end of problems for this site.

As always, I will be monitoring the servers closely.

Mark.

Due to the sheer weight of traffic today we decided to bring forward the storage upgrade at short notice. This resulted in around 10mins of slow response speed on the site.

The upgrade is now complete, and the servers are much happier on their new storage. We envisage being able to handle many more active users on the site from now on, so hopefully that should be the end to performance problems and downtime.

Again, sorry for any inconvenience and lack of notice, but that should be the end of problems for this site.

As always, I will be monitoring the servers closely.

Mark.

Hope you are preparing for a tenfold increase in site traffic because that's what you're about to get - and that's short term. Think 1000 fold and then more.

Hope you are preparing for a tenfold increase in site traffic because that's what you're about to get - and that's short term. Think 1000 fold and then more.

Only a few months ago it was unusual to find the number of threads discussed in a typical day going to the third page. Recently that has changed. Since I last posted in May I have noticed the average number of visitors at any time has significantly increased. I posted a new thread 90 minutes ago and it has slipped down to the second page, unanswered along with at least two others. I agree that this site is set to get big.. and fast!

Feedback

Yep

Sorry to add to this but HPC now has over 10,000 registered members - yet it crashes/freezes with around only 750 readers for the last week or so!

Cheers

Feedback

Yep

Sorry to add to this but HPC now has over 10,000 registered members - yet it crashes/freezes with around only 750 readers for the last week or so!

Cheers

Not any more it won't ;)

M.

Guest Charlie The Tramp
Feedback

Yep

Cheers

Our members have made a total of 761,201 posts

We have 7,617 registered members

The newest member is Alkemist

Most users ever online was 2,080 on Jul 13 2006, 08:16 PM

Site Owners you got to do something about this, this site has been down more times than the DJIA lately.

Getting boring, and doesnt say much for new visitors.

There's a run on HPC! Quick everyone download your comments to a text file on your hard drive. No second thoughts print them all out and store them in a fire-proof locker. Let's just hope there isn't also a run on the paper suppliers. Fingers crossed

:P

I read the other day that the site has been mentioned often by City Analysts, and the BBC.

I think as time passes it will be the defacto resource to keep your finger on the pulse if you have any concerns about the way the markets are going, both financial and property.

Our members have made a total of 761,201 posts

We have 7,617 registered members

The newest member is Alkemist

Most users ever online was 2,080 on Jul 13 2006, 08:16 PM

Charlie - there are a few 'Newbies' sporting 10's of 1000's - please explain

I WOZN't wrong when I last looked :P

Kurt Barlow

Group: New Members

Member No.: 10,375

Bull or Bear? Bear

Or has he cracked/infiltrated your servers??