House Price Crash Forum

Late Trading In A & L -- Some News Broke After The Bell

Realistbear

HOLA441
I've never seen anything like it!

In the Asian crisis of 1998, after the stock mkt has risen leaps and bounds, a lady was interviewed:

'I don't understand it. I've been in the markets since January and I've NEVER seen anything like it...' HAHAHAHAHA :lol:

What goes around... It just might take 30 years.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

This is all a bit scary. B&B dropped off a cliff in late-afternoon trading as well, closing down around 15%. It could be that some scary news has slipped out - but it's also possible that a couple of big pension funds have just dumped a massive pile of banking shares on the market. After all, there has been a lot of speculation about possible problems at these companies recently.

If we get two UK high street banks going under in the space of a week, then there are soon going to be some serious ripples spreading around the world currency markets. :ph34r:

HOLA445

http://www.investegate.co.uk/invarticle.aspx?id=1426

A&L falls 36% in final minutes of trading

By Rob "Robert" Mackinlay

Alliance & Leicester shares plummeted by 36.43%, a fall of 318p to 555p in the last minutes of trading dragging the FTSE 100 down 102.4 points to 6186.9.
David Buik, analyst at Cantor Index, says the auction period has been extended and asks whether some investors may have heard news that hasn’t filtered into the rest of the market.
Buik says: “In the last half hour it has felt as if someone has got the early wire on them like they did in NRK the other day. No one seems to know apart from credit default swap spreads widening.
Have the A&L had to borrow from the ‘Old Lady of Threadneedle Street?’”

IF this is true we can expect to see Queues forming at another bank tomorrow. The contagion will set in and all hell could break lose. Especially if Gordon comes on the Tele to say there is no need to panic.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
Yeeeehhahhahaha

LOve It FU**CKING LOVE IT.

GOD DAMMMANNNN II FFFFEEEEELLL GUUURRDDDD

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I WANNA DANCE I WANNA SING I WANNA SAY HUUURRRRAAAAYYYYY. YYYEEEEEHHHHHAAAAA

i reckon you need to get out more / get laid.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

My main worry is that I had an offer on my house a few weeks back. I'm off down the STR road. Hope my buyer doesn't get cold feet. :unsure:

Other than that I am happy to see the banks in trouble. Biggest bunch of shysters going. Serves them right.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
This will be the hollowest of victories for HPC.co.k if people's deposits, or indeed sterling, are seriously at risk.

I don't think so. The biggest thread on here is the Gold thread. Most savvy HPC posters have been banging on about the banks for a long time.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
This will be the hollowest of victories for HPC.co.k if people's deposits, or indeed sterling, are seriously at risk.

Exactly. I don't have my savings in banks, but they're still sterling in NS&I. I could get hit?

Edited by Darkman

HOLA4420
My main worry is that I had an offer on my house a few weeks back. I'm off down the STR road. Hope my buyer doesn't get cold feet. :unsure:

Other than that I am happy to see the banks in trouble. Biggest bunch of shysters going. Serves them right.

To be honest you're in a better position than many of us. We sold quite a bit before the market ran out of steam, and even if you lose ten thousand here or there you know you'll get it back, and some, if you wait out the market for a year. Others of us will get it back but it will be some time (in my case I won't as I will probably buy next year anyway).

HOLA4421
You are a property bull, so obviously you have property/BTL portfolio. AND HOUSE PRICES ARE ABOUT TO CRASH

:lol::lol::lol:

you're evidently a bit over excited (like a kid on a sugar rush?) so I'll ignore the lack of logic and incorrect nature of your post above.

HOLA4422

Most of the posters here advocate a crash, even if only in house prices. I never thought that could happen without loads of so called 'innocents' getting hurt. Did anyone else think different? It's the price that ordinary punters always pay when these @rseh*les that run the system get it wrong. :angry:

HOLA4423