House Price Crash Forum
Confounded

A&l Closed Sharply Down By 32.8%

http://www.advfn.com/p.php?pid=quote&c...p;symbol=L%5EAL.

A&L Closed Sharply DOWN by 32.8%

This is looking very Ominous :o:o

I drew money out of B&B today thinking A7A would be alright for a while, this is not looking good!

I don't get it...

everyone on here was saying a few days ago that A&L were funded differently from Northern Rock.

Suddenly A&L takes a dive, is this just not the case because of uncertainty in the banking sector. Surely A&L are "safe", compared to NR who are funded through securitisation issues.

Enlighten me, for I am but a newbie here!

Guest Popalot

Withdrew 100k from A&L on Friday. Checked again it was closed and en route to my bank. It was. Phew. Took ages to get through. Really sweet girl at end of phone, sounded very down and resigned to the pattern.

IMHO you do not get a drop in share price of such a magnitude (almost as much as NRK today) without a substantial rumour going round the City. :ph34r:

I drew money out of B&B today thinking A7A would be alright for a while, this is not looking good!

I had a feeling A&L may be next so I moved all my savings out of there on saturday morning - just hope they reach my account on Wednesday!

Alliance and Leicester down 22% but no mention of this yet. :huh:

Down 32%!!! according to the FT at 1630. That's a 50% drop in shareprice in ten days - with 20,000,000 shares traded today alone. What's going on? They're looking as shaky as NR!

Wemb

Down 32%!!! according to the FT at 1630. That's a 50% drop in shareprice in ten days - with 20,000,000 shares traded today alone. What's going on? They're looking as shaky as NR!

Wemb

I think that the market has caught a dose of the jitters and A&L being medium sized like NR had to drop a bit, watch them tomorrow, they will spring back when it is realised their funding differs to that of NR.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...T8&refer=uk

Bradford & Bingley, which makes one in five loans to U.K. landlords, and Alliance & Leicester, another U.K. commercial and consumer bank, were among banks that were downgraded to ``sell'' from ``hold'' at Citigroup.

Banks, Property Stocks

Citigroup lowered its recommendation on shares of nine European banks and cut earnings forecasts for the industry, citing a drop in credit-market revenue that will bring about ``wide-scale changes.''

Changes ?

Good thing Northumberland street in Newcastle is a pedestrainised wiiiide shopping street, as the northern rock is on one side and the A+L is on the other, queuers can more conveniently swap scare stories.

ALL & LEICS (LSE:AL.L)

Last Trade: 570.00 p

Trade Time: 4:35PM

Change: 303.00 (34.71%) Prev Close: 873.00

Open: 800.00

Bid: 620.00

Ask: 499.50

1y Target Est: 1,006.78p

THis is very serious. People going from bank to bank not knowing where its safe to deposit. This is without a doubt THE worst banking crisis since 1929. Perhaps worse. I feel so sorry for the poor old folk with life savings in these scamming miracle banks who dished money out to [people they ought to have known could not afford to repay. Shame on the buggers and the entire Miracle Economy. Brown--you are a disgrace. Resign--NOW.

I think this is why Brown has asked Washington for help.

Sorry posted on another thread...

From BBC HYS...

I work for Northern Rock and i am personally very angry at the media for blowing this completely out of proportion. The company is still heading towards the £500 - £540 million in profit. How can that be a company in a crisis?? Barclays made use of the same provision from the BOE, yet there was no word of that. There have been 2 financial companies DENIED of this, they are the ones people need to worry about(fortunately for them i am not in a position to advise who these are).

NR Employee, Newcastle

Explain A&L shareprice slide?