House Price Crash Forum

Evening Standard Goes For It!

Guest Popalot

HOLA441

Front page:

"BANK SHARES GO INTO FREEFALL.....Worst bank crisis in living memory....Darling job on the line...

inside pp6-7

"2BN CITY BONUS GAP TO HIT PROPERTY MARKET....Central and West London will bear brunt....Now 'boomtime' Brown faces day of reckoning...

Full Rightmove data.............................

THIS IS DEFINITELY IT FOLKS.....GC2 does not get more of a trigger than this in our wildest dreams.

NO RATE CUT BY THE BoE WILL MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE AT ALL. SENTIMENT HAS TURNED. BROWN IS POWERLESS..........From Master of the Universe to Vote of no Confidence (perhaps) in one week..... :lol:

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
Poor Darling - it's not his fault.

Its result of ten years of the Brown stuff.

Brown will have to be seen firing someone--he can't fire himself although Queenie may be having some thoughts in that direction if she sees the nation in danger.

I can see dear old Merv resigning. He at least stood up against Gordon in August '05.

Pity the Tories didn't get on this a few years back. IMO it is pathetic in the extreme for them to be making mileage out of it now. Turns me off supoorting them even more.

HOLA445
Poor Darling - it's not his fault.

Its result of ten years of the Brown stuff.

Darling is clearly out of his depth - he needs to go - his appeals for calm are being ignored - but then the startled badger look doesn't exactly engender confidence!

If it carries on lik ethis, pressure will grow for him to be given the heave-ho

Though its obvious Brown is still mirco-managing the Treasury, which muppet could Brown put in Darling's place - he cant put the obvious candidate in the driving seat and sacrifice Ed balls - Brown needs to save him till this mess if over, to play the white knight role

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
Pity the Tories didn't get on this a few years back. IMO it is pathetic in the extreme for them to be making mileage out of it now. Turns me off supoorting them even more.

Me too, and the Libs are taking a risk as Brown will blame them for crashing the housing market.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Darling is clearly out of his depth - he needs to go - his appeals for calm are being ignored - but then the startled badger look doesn't exactly engender confidence!

If it carries on lik ethis, pressure will grow for him to be given the heave-ho

Though its obvious Brown is still mirco-managing the Treasury, which muppet could Brown put in Darling's place - he cant put the obvious candidate in the driving seat and sacrifice Ed balls - Brown needs to save him till this mess if over, to play the white knight role

I think he's cracking.They might not need to sack him,they might just need to measure him up for a straight -jacket.

HOLA4413
Brown will have to be seen firing someone--he can't fire himself although Queenie may be having some thoughts in that direction if she sees the nation in danger.

I can see dear old Merv resigning. He at least stood up against Gordon in August '05.

They couldnt say much as its been tory like policies since labour got in. Lets face it theres little between them ever when it comes to financial mismanagment. Not just in the Uk but US and Australia have similar policies under extreme conservative governments.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Well I reckon that laurejon is Conservative Central office or whatever. The amount of propagandist nonsense about how great the Fatcher government was and how bad this one is, when they have both been guilty of the same thing beggars belief.

I can't find my post to him/her on the subject, but said that to have credibility the Tories should have been saying this years ago, and that if they started to now, it was for definite that laurejon was a mole/troll.

BTW, you can't sack Captain Darling now. He was a stuttering fool on 5 Live Breakfast this morning, but it isn't really his fault. He was just holding the bomb when it exploded.

If they do sack him, they could replace him with...

wait for it...

wait for it...

Dawn Primarolo

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

And since they have been using Tory policies, they are absolutely right to blame the Tories, because if they hadn't had the idea, NuLab wouldn't have been able to copy it. :D