House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Chriso

Anyone Remember That Scene In Rogue Trader?

With a little editing.......

"Northern 'No Subprime Here' Rock....

you have just lost 800 million quid .......

IN ONE DAY!!!!!!"

In all seriousness, I live in Newcastle and have loads of mates working in their head office and they are all shitting bricks.

We have no economy, we only have Northern Rock.

Girlfriends parents lost thousands on the share price last few days.

Is is wrong that I have no pity, or does years of sitting on the non-ownership sidelines make you bitter.

Who knows, but the worm has turned!

Don't be silly, there are loads of government jobs.

I seem to remember a statistic that in the North East there are more people working for the government than there were in Hungary at the height of the communist period!

IN ONE DAY!!!!!!"

In all seriousness, I live in Newcastle and have loads of mates working in their head office and they are all shitting bricks.

Is is wrong that I have no pity, or does years of sitting on the non-ownership sidelines make you bitter.

Your girlfriends parents have lost thousands and a load of your mates might lose their jobs and you have no pity?

Your local economy could take a right kicking which could result in you losing your job. Should we feel pity then?

Lets remember that there are innocent people out there that are getting hurt quite badly through not fault of their own.

800m quid on deposit at the BoE allows NR to lend something like 20 times that amount but we can bet the FSA will be turning a blind eye for now.

the total taken out by savers is now 2bn quid since this run started.

Maybe the BoE has not done more to help NR as it knows other cases waiting in the winds and these stand a better chance of being saved.

any IR cut would be viewed by myself as a panick move but it would move the headlines away from NR a little bit and make all them BTL's feel a little safer for now.

IN ONE DAY!!!!!!"

Bought Rogue Trader at a leading supermarket for £3 on Saturday. I like to theme my purchases to the news.

Dodgy script but what a plot! Perfect for fans of financial schadenfreude and Anna Friel.

Apparently she's landed some top US TV role recently, and since then the world's done a bank whoopsy...there's patterns if you look for them y'know.

I should work for a hedge fund.

And The Toon needs a new sponsor.

Edited by drrayjo

Don't be silly, there are loads of government jobs.

I seem to remember a statistic that in the North East there are more people working for the government than there were in Hungary at the height of the communist period!

...with gold plated pensions.... :o:o:o