House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest daddy bull

National Savings

Guest Daddy Bear

How many of you would put your life savings on a 1:20 roulette wheel to gamble for a potential win of 1% of your life savings if you had a 1 in 20 chance of losing the lot?

So why risk it to get 6.25% at the likes of HBOS when you can get 5.45% in NS Income Bonds with instant access?

Telephone: 0845 964 5000 or check out website

The Panic is spreading...

NS centre is inundated at present with people opening up accounts...and they are not all NR customers!

HBOS

B&B

A&L

Abbey national

Loads of other little Building Societies offering huge IR's at he moment...Why are htey so high....THEY NEED THE MONEY........YOUR MONEY !!!!!

At least 1 of these may collapse and then the torrent will turn into a tsunami of people withdrawing their money from ALL BANKS

From little acorns .......

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED 100% GUARANTEED

DB

How many of you would put your life savings on a 1:20 roulette wheel to gamble for a potential win of 1% of your life savings if you had a 1 in 20 chance of losing the lot?

So why risk it to get 6.25% at the likes of HBOS when you can get 5.45% in NS Income Bonds with instant access?

Telephone: 0845 964 5000 or check out website

The Panic is spreading...

NS centre is inundated at present with people opening up accounts...and they are not all NR customers!

HBOS

B&B

A&L

Abbey national

Loads of other little Building Societies offering huge IR's at he moment...Why are htey so high....THEY NEED THE MONEY........YOUR MONEY !!!!!

At least 1 of these may collapse and then the torrent will turn into a tsunami of people withdrawing their money from ALL BANKS

From little acorns .......

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED 100% GUARANTEED

DB

will there be a run on the pound ?

we now know what a run on a bank looks like .

what does a run on the pound look like ?

Guest Daddy Bear

bump

From the little I remember about the ERM debacle, I used to go skiing in France and one year it was 12 Francs to the £, the next year it was 8/9 Francs to the £.

So going by that I'd say around 25%.

From the little I remember about the ERM debacle, I used to go skiing in France and one year it was 12 Francs to the £, the next year it was 8/9 Francs to the £.

So going by that I'd say around 25%.

I wouldn't classify that as a run. We've already had close to that against the swiss franc and I expect more to come.

The government is no more solvent than the banks. The only real way to protect your assets is to transfer them into gold and don't let Gordie know just in case he decided to confiscate it.

I thought Northern Rock was the same as National savings after recent events? :blink::blink:

Always read the date of the OP before posting.

There a lot of sly bumpers on here who go hunting for old long lost posts that have a temporaneous relevance, then bump them. I've done it myself with my own favourite old threads.

They don't often bump the poor predictions (unless it's from one of their enemies).

Good work. You're the Daddy [bear]

[eidt for reference]

Edited by redwing

Before this post surfaced I was checking out the National Savings Website at work this lunch time, im tempted to move my saveings there for peice of mind...

Also of note the Halifax where on the phone this evening "as a valued customer, take one of our credit cards..." im like no, anything to do with the negative news on your bank I asked, "what news, dont know what rumour your reffering " was the response...

stoo

Most of these 'huge' rates aren't what they seem. They generally contain a catch which usually involves you having to invest in a stocks and shares product as well.

Agree though that they are desperately after money.

But you can get 6.25% at Northern Rock "The UK Government Bank" for a year .

100% , guaranteed .

(Ah , ******** , tried to get a speeling mistkae in thier bat faeled) .

Maybe next time .

Whatever , we're all f**c*ed .

Editted like to make f*c*ed lok worselike dan wotit was .

Ah ****** , I put a fullstop at the end to finish the sentence :-( .

Sorry :-(

Edited by Dead Spider