House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

Big Shake Up In The Markets Soon - H P I More Than Dead

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml.../17/wfra117.xml

Prepare for war with Iran, says French minister

By Alex "Al" Spillius in Washington and Tim "Timothy" Butcher in Jerusalem

Last Updated: 7:15am BST 17/09/2007

The world should "prepare for war" with Iran, the French foreign minister has said, significantly escalating tensions over the country's nuclear programme.
Bernard Kouchner said that while "we must negotiate right to the end" with Iran, if Teheran possessed an atomic weapon it would represent "a real danger for the whole world".
Bernard Kouchner: prepare for the worst
The world should "prepare for the worst... which is war", he said.

Ah, the spirit of Bonaparte lives again! Vive La France!

Why this shift? The re-emerging Soviet Union.

How will this affect house prices? It will be a lot of fuel to an already raging fire. If they do it quickly and surgically it will be good for longterm stability in the region and will send a message to the UN to start doing their job or the member nation will do it for them.

Bottom line: we are in for a few years of upheaval but it will come to an end. Just have to make sure you are not overgeared in houses or have a BTL portfolio.

Edited by Realistbear

I really cannot envisage the Cheese eating surrender monkeys getting involved in a war with Iran, can you?

They probably want a war their troops are not involved in because then they can sell arms to Iran just before it starts.

The silence from the neolibs is almost deafening.

Europe stands up against tyranny and not a word. America issues the same warning and what a difference.

Germany haven't said much other than "it vould be best for you to comply as ve haff vays at our disposal.." ;)

The silence from the neolibs is almost deafening.

Europe stands up against tyranny and not a word. America issues the same warning and what a difference.

Germany haven't said much other than "it vould be best for you to comply as ve haff vays at our disposal.." ;)

you want a war with Iran ? are you going out there to help ?

you deserve a very large bomb to be detonated outside your house to give you an idea of the misery about to be inflicted on millions of innocent Iranians.

not much gets me angry but retired , armchair cretins like you calling for war really does,

I really cannot envisage the Cheese eating surrender monkeys getting involved in a war with Iran, can you?

They probably want a war their troops are not involved in because then they can sell arms to Iran just before it starts.

When the French get going they do a good job. Very nationalistic bunch and they love their country unlike a lot of our Chavaliers. Sarkozy is part Hungarian (Magyar) and he understands the problems of a ME dominated by another Saddam only this time its the man in the white disco suit who has the full backing of the Mullahs. The French also have a powder keg in their own backyard with a lot of immigrants who have not yet embrace francophilia.

I wonder what this will do for GOLD? If a surgical strike is undertaken in the next 48 hours nothing much but if it drags out gold might see some new highs as it needs an excuse to rise.

you want a war with Iran ? are you going out there to help ?

you deserve a very large bomb to be detonated outside your house to give you an idea of the misery about to be inflicted on millions of innocent Iranians.

not much gets me angry but retired , armchair cretins like you calling for war really does,

No. I am anti-war. I also realise that war is sometimes necessary as history has proven. If (if) its a choice between "them and us" which so many wars have been, I think I would lean toward "them."

BTW, the artcile is about the French suggesting war may be necessary. The Foreign minister IIRC.

Dont know about war with Iran but I have said before that too many 'little englanders' are underestimating the economic and military power of both France and Germany.

In addition, reforms in the French and German economies in the next few years will greatly strengthen their positions.

With the US staggering, Europe is the only option for the UK.

Yes I can. They just have better intelligence than the us or perhaps better leaders. Everyone can see that Iraq was not a threat, but perhaps Iran are. The French look after their interests when they need to and showed much more strength over Iraq than the pathetic UK who just would follow the US on anything even if it meant bombing Scotland.

I desperately hope that the Iranian people are not subjected to this. The population is at least partly living in a bubble... if they knew what we knew they wouldn't have voted in their 'David Eike' like leader.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20808260/

When I lived in California I knew quite a few Iranians personally. Most got out before the Ayatollahs came in. I liked them very much--very gracious kind and intelligent people. Its the religious leaders and the man in the disco suit that is ruining their country.

Haven't I read on here the fact that Iran would be defended by China and Russia if it went to war? :o

Thats would be from me then.

Many nations that have been recent targets of mad dog Bush are joining togeather for protection and when you consider that Russia is ten years ahead of the americans with missile technoligy and god only knows what china has then you soon realise that we can start a war with Iran but don't think it will be a walk in the park

Dont know about war with Iran but I have said before that too many 'little englanders' are underestimating the economic and military power of both France and Germany.

In addition, reforms in the French and German economies in the next few years will greatly strengthen their positions.

With the US staggering, Europe is the only option for the UK.

You are Peter Mandelson and I claim my five pounds (or should that be Euros) ?

Now now, just because they got the better of you in 1066

And beat you in the 100 years war

And smashed you to pieces at Fontenoy

:P

If you've all been reading the Russian & Iranian papers, like you should do....you'll remember that Russian intelligence warned Iran a back in Spring that an attack was imminent on 6th April.

http://en.rian.ru/analysis/20070405/63158196.html

How did the Iranians divert this disaster?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/6528067.stm

They released the British 'hostages'.