House Price Crash Forum
Tatty Teddy

When Would Be The Best Time To Buy Northern Rock Shares?

Now that Northern Rock have lost 60% of their value so far this year and the B.O.E. are helping them to keep solvent do Northern Rock shares look like a good buy with some spare cash or would it be good bye to spare cash? Does anyone think that there might be a good chance that they get taken over?

Now that Northern Rock have lost 60% of their value so far this year and the B.O.E. are helping them to keep solvent do Northern Rock shares look like a good buy with some spare cash or would it be good bye to spare cash? Does anyone think that there might be a good chance that they get taken over?

Well if they end up getting taken over for a nominal sum like 1p per share - a good time would be never...

if the debt / credit crisis continues then IMO things will only get worse for northern rock, even with the BoE helping out. if rates come down though and they can pull through then your on to a winner......

how many millionaires will be opening a savings account with them, and who's going to take one of their overpriced mortgages out, can they revieve themselves on existing custom, and how many are still planning on leaving despite of the BoE / government promises.

What would happen to your shares if they got taken over as so many people predict?

Would you get equivalent shares in the new company? :unsure:

The company making the bid would offer a certain price for each share in existance, and if accepted then your shares would be automatically sold at that rate. e.g. if you had 1000 shares and the agreed bid price was £2/share you'd get £2,000 after everything's been settled. If you bought the shares in an ISA the money would be credited to your ISA account safe and sound and capital gains-free as cash.

Agreed.

It's too dangerous to take a punt on these shares unless it is money you are happy to lose.

It's a Dog.

If it walks like a dog,

Barks like a dog

and consorts with other known dogs...

Well - it was too tempting.

I thought these were under valued and last week I bit the bullet and bought some of these beauties at £1.43!

I'm glad I did! ;)

have a look

The only question now is when do I sell? :unsure:

Edited by blondebier

Well - it was too tempting.

I thought these were under valued and last week I bit the bullet and bought some of these beauties at £1.43!

I'm glad I did! ;)

have a look

The only question now is when do I sell? :unsure:

8.00am on Monday 15th October. If you get this in time set a stop-loss before you go to work. Hopefully you won't lose too much money.

FFS. Buying NR shares is 100% pure speculation that there'll be other mugs out there that will do the same. The business is completely hosed without the lifelines given to it by the tax payer. Whoever "saves" NR will be buying the debt to the Bank as well. Frankly, just agreeing to take on the debt would be enough payment for NR. So expect Branson and Co. to make a very low public offer. That will then become the true market value and good night and good bye speculators.

Not 100% guaranteed, ofcourse. No-one could offer to buy, speculation will keep the share price up for a bit until everyone just gets out.

8.00am on Monday 15th October. If you get this in time set a stop-loss before you go to work. Hopefully you won't lose too much money.

No worries - I sold them on Friday. Phew! ;)