House Price Crash Forum
OverInflated

Northern Rock Apology Letter

Northern Rock have issued an apology on there website :o

http://www.northernrock.co.uk/

Dear Customer

May I begin by offering you my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you have suffered in dealing with Northern Rock during the last few days. Customer service is of paramount importance to us and due to the circumstances that surround us, you have been let down. Thank you so much for your patience, particularly when using our website which has been running very slowly due to the number of people working online.

Let me now reassure you. Your money is safe with us and if you want some, or all of it back, then you are perfectly entitled to it. Whilst you may have to wait a little longer than usual to receive it, you will get it. However, your savings are secure and there is no need for you to withdraw your money based on our recent announcement, and the widespread media coverage that has ensued. The Bank of England has agreed to provide a funding facility to enable us to manage through the current global liquidity crisis. They would not have done so, if we were not a solvent, adequately capitalised, well run bank. I hope this helps to reassure you.

Your custom is very important to us and I sincerely hope you choose to stay with us along with the vast majority of our customer base.

Yours sincerely

Adam J Applegarth

Chief Executive

16 September 2007

It's not a liquidity crisis. They are insolvent as there is no market for their mortgages.

Only a politically motivated buyer paying pennies in the pound will buy them out.

Your money is not safe with them, get it out ASAP.

I agree, if it was true, they wouldnt be writing such letters.

Sounds more like begging customers to stay.

They are not insolvent- thay are Illiquid- Its a cash flow issue

If they were a proper company theyd have the receivers in- solvent or not

Dear Customer

May I begin by offering you my sincere apologies for scaring the cr@p out of you during the last few days. Bonuses are of paramount importance to me and due to the circumstances that surround us, I may not be getting one. Thank you so much for your gullibility, particularly when using our website which has been running very slowly due to the number of people getting out while that's still possible.

Let me now reassure you. Your money is safe-ish with is, if you want some, or all of it back, then you are perfectly entitled to it. Whilst you may have to wait a lot longer than usual to receive it, you will probably get it. Or most of it. Providing you have less than £30k invested. However, your savings are secure compared to leaving it on the bus. The Bank of England has agreed to provide a funding facility to enable us to muddle through the current global liquidity crisis. They would not have done so, if we were not in desperate straights. I hope this helps to reassure you more than it reassures me.

Your money is very important to me and I sincerely hope you choose to stay with us along, with at least a few others.

Yours sincerely

Dear Customer

May I begin by offering you my sincere apologies for scaring the cr@p out of you during the last few days. Bonuses are of paramount importance to me and due to the circumstances that surround us, I may not be getting one. Thank you so much for your gullibility, particularly when using our website which has been running very slowly due to the number of people getting out while that's still possible.

Let me now reassure you. Your money is safe-ish with is, if you want some, or all of it back, then you are perfectly entitled to it. Whilst you may have to wait a lot longer than usual to receive it, you will probably get it. Or most of it. Providing you have less than £30k invested. However, your savings are secure compared to leaving it on the bus. The Bank of England has agreed to provide a funding facility to enable us to muddle through the current global liquidity crisis. They would not have done so, if we were not in desperate straights. I hope this helps to reassure you more than it reassures me.

Your money is very important to me and I sincerely hope you choose to stay with us along, with at least a few others.

Yours sincerely

Brilliant! you beat me to it! :lol:

Mr. Applegarth is making promises he cannot possibly keep. Money deposited with NR is NOT safe and come Monday morning NR are going to be several steps closer to collapse.