House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Layman

Index Linked Savings

I'm keen to provide myself with some inflation protection. NS&I 3yr Savings Certs seem ideal ... except for the 3yr thing. Ideally I'm looking for a 12 or 24 month term as hopefully I'll be in the market to buy a house in 2yrs time.

Anyone know of anything index-linked with more flexible (or shorter) terms?

BTW, I was considering signing up to put my STR funds into Stroud & Swindon's 7.05% bond - but I have a feeling we *may* see even higher rates in the near future. Here's hoping. :)

I'm keen to provide myself with some inflation protection. NS&I 3yr Savings Certs seem ideal ... except for the 3yr thing. Ideally I'm looking for a 12 or 24 month term as hopefully I'll be in the market to buy a house in 2yrs time.

Anyone know of anything index-linked with more flexible (or shorter) terms?

BTW, I was considering signing up to put my STR funds into Stroud & Swindon's 7.05% bond - but I have a feeling we *may* see even higher rates in the near future. Here's hoping. :)

Index linked you only need to hold for 12 complete months then you can withdraw some or all of it , heres what you get for each complete year /month ...............

http://www.nsandi.com/products/ilsc/rates.jsp

Less than 12 months you only get your capital , phone them there , there till midnight .

Stroud and Swindon , tiny mickey mouse outfit , think is it really worth for that tiny bit of fraction more , you also get taxed on that atom sized fraction as well .