House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Cash is King....

Papers.....

In case those image links are no longer there in a couple of days, allow me to preserve the headlines of Saturday 15th Sept 2007 for HPC history. Here's my collage:

15092007headlines.jpg

;)

post-5211-1189811584_thumb.jpg

Guest Bart of Darkness

Like the cover of The Independent.

Panic on the streets of London

Panic on the streets of Birmingham

I wonder to myself

Could life ever be sane again ?

The Leeds side-streets that you slip down

I wonder to myself

Hopes may rise on the Grasmere

But Honey Pie, you're not safe here

So you run down

To the safety of the town

But there's Panic on the streets of Carlisle

Dublin, Dundee, Humberside

I wonder to myself

Hang the BoE

Hang the BoE

Hang the BoE

Still nothing on the -2.6% drop in house prices in one month!

Thats over 5K off the price of the average house in one month!

As absurd as it seems, the Rightmove report looks correct in blaming HIPs for sudden fall in average prices due to a lack of 4 bedroom properties.

As absurd as it seems, the Rightmove report looks correct in blaming HIPs for sudden fall in average prices due to a lack of 4 bedroom properties.

Doesn't explain why 3 bedroom and flats are down too!!

Lack of 4 bedrooms is rubbish, I bet a lot of people have marketed them as 3 bedrooms and a study.

Edited by OzzMosiz

as typical fashion, the sun, mirror and express all go with the fecking mccanns. Never mind the country is falling down round us and theres panic in the air. A Nuclear war could start and that lot would still put cuddle cat on the front page.

as typical fashion, the sun, mirror and express all go with the fecking mccanns. Never mind the country is falling down round us and theres panic in the air. A Nuclear war could start and that lot would still put cuddle cat on the front page.

I was gonna say that! The Express is beyond parody as usual ;)

Edited by Sir Talbot Avenger

The McCanns, gobal warming, and terrorism are all decoys to cover up the catastrophe that is unfolding. Do people realise that people all over the UK were queueing up outside a bank to remove their savings even thought the government and media were saying it was okay?

London is supposed to be the "financial capital of the world".

The McCanns, gobal warming, and terrorism are all decoys to cover up the catastrophe that is unfolding.

And there was me thinking the McCanns were a decoy to cover up Princess Di conspiracy theories.

If i see the McCann Tour de force on one more fecking front page, i'm liable to scream, sick to the back teeth of it. Made out to be bloody martyrs when they could conceivably been responsible for it.

I think the economy going to shit is far more important. Sorry i needed to rant. These papers need a good dirty slap across the chops.

If i see the McCann Tour de force on one more fecking front page, i'm liable to scream, sick to the back teeth of it. Made out to be bloody martyrs when they could conceivably been responsible for it.

I think the economy going to shit is far more important. Sorry i needed to rant. These papers need a good dirty slap across the chops.

I am beginning to think that they probably didn’t have any involvement in the disappearance of their daughter but I have this awful feeling that they are almost playing along trying to get the media to think they did it so that the story grinds on and then at the right moment there is a MASSIVE deal (£10million plus) struck for their exclusive story. I do think they are manipulative for their own ends .

Lets not forget their 4 yr old daughter is missing! Perhaps they are just trying to get her picture in as many homes as possible.... I dont think they have anything to do with her dissappearance apart from the stupid actions they took that night which meant their 3 children were left alone. That must be torture for them and I am sure is what drives them to devote every second to trying to find her again.. even if that means manipulating the media.

There's no 'concievably ' about it. At worst they accidentally or otherwise killed one of their children. At very best they left three children under five on their own in a foreign country and f**ked off out for dinner. I've never had any sympathy for the parents. However you look at it their decisions are ultimately what led to the death/disappearance of one of their children.

I agree that the economy is by far the biggest news today, but I must confess that amidst all of the greed, deceit and panic, it was very humbling and moving to see the heartfelt and dignified eulogy of the husband of the late Jane Tomlinson at her televised funeral.

I dont think they have anything to do with her dissappearance apart from the stupid actions they took that night which meant their 3 children were left alone.

Well that's enough right there. It was not stupid, it was downright dangerous and has resulted in a child missing or dead. I fear for the other two kids.

Well that's enough right there. It was not stupid, it was downright dangerous and has resulted in a child missing or dead. I fear for the other two kids.

dont disagree but they didnt abduct/murder her and I think that although they should be questioned as to what the hell they were doing leaving their children alone there is still a simple fact they they have lost their 4 yr old daughter..a human being who if alive is scared, alone and needs to be found... Sadly this happens daily around the world but it doesnt take away the pain they must be feeling

dont disagree but they didnt abduct/murder her and I think that although they should be questioned as to what the hell they were doing leaving their children alone there is still a simple fact they they have lost their 4 yr old daughter..a human being who if alive is scared, alone and needs to be found... Sadly this happens daily around the world but it doesnt take away the pain they must be feeling

Pain is a part of life for almost everybody. The McCanns are no more deserving of my or anyone elses sympathy than the directors of Northern Rock who must now be feeling terrible "pain" because they won't be getting their mega-bonuses this year. Both made decisions which had painful consequences. Tough sh*t.

Edit: blanked out part of rude word.

Edited by narrowescape

Pain is a part of life for almost everybody. The McCanns are no more deserving of my or anyone elses sympathy than the directors of Northern Rock who must now be feeling terrible "pain" because they won't be getting their mega-bonuses this year. Both made decisions which had painful consequences. Tough sh*t.

Edit: blanked out part of rude word.

Im sure Madeline will thank you for comparing her life to a NR directors bonus.