Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

London Commercial Property At A "15 Year Low"

http://uk.biz.yahoo.com/14092007/325/ipd-s...yr-low-aug.html

Friday September 14, 04:28 PM

IPD says property returns hit 15-yr low in Aug
LONDON (
Reuters
) - Commercial property in August failed to deliver a positive monthly total return for the first time since December 1992, data used for property derivatives trading showed on Friday.

The dark shadow of Great Crash 2 (Great Depression II?) seems to be smothering what light there is left in all sectors. Strange how confident they all were a few weeks ago with bouyant M&A deals and plenty of LBOs to boost bumper house buying bonuses at Christmas. Now its all Gone with the Wind. :(

Guest wrongmove

:P

Even by your extremely low standards, that has to be one of the most misleading thread titles ever!

Property returns, RB, not property!! ;)

http://uk.biz.yahoo.com/14092007/325/ipd-s...yr-low-aug.html

Friday September 14, 04:28 PM

IPD says property returns hit 15-yr low in Aug
LONDON (
Reuters
) - Commercial property in August failed to deliver a positive monthly total return for the first time since December 1992, data used for property derivatives trading showed on Friday.

The dark shadow of Great Crash 2 (Great Depression II?) seems to be smothering what light there is left in all sectors. Strange how confident they all were a few weeks ago with bouyant M&A deals and plenty of LBOs to boost bumper house buying bonuses at Christmas. Now its all Gone with the Wind. :(

...this is not surprising as the decay started on the commercial side before the domestic....... :huh::huh::huh:

:P

Even by your extremely low standards, that has to be one of the most misleading thread titles ever!

Property returns, RB, not property!! ;)

Commercial Property, not property! Its all about returns--rents etc. Nothing to do with the housing sector but related in terms of the overall sentiment in the economy at large.

I am surprised you are still a Neither after today. The wind has changed direction so much that it seems most neithers should have changed with it by now. If you change now it might be seen as having seen which way the wind was blowing first. You have a monumental task trying to fight the bears now.

Guest wrongmove
Commercial Property, not property! Its all about returns--rents etc. Nothing to do with the housing sector but related in terms of the overall sentiment in the economy at large.

I am surprised you are still a Neither after today. The wind has changed direction so much that it seems most neithers should have changed with it by now. If you change now it might be seen as having seen which way the wind was blowing first. You have a monumental task trying to fight the bears now.

:rolleyes:

As you well know RB, yawn, my VI, like yours, is in a crash, yawn. I yawn yawn have no reason yawn "to fight yawn the bears yawn".

As a long term member and huge fan of this site, I also have a VI in trying to add to its credibility by pointing out both bullsh1t and bearsh1t.

I will probably never change my label - I like winding you up if you hadn't noticed ;) (the feelings mutual, admit it) - if you want to know what I think you will have to read my posts.

As I just posted on another thread, the wind changed direction (IMHO) when the subprime problems emerged a while back now - today's hysteria is just fall out from that - why would it change anyones mind?

I'm still not convinced that it will do more than knock of the froth though, but I sincerely hope it does - both as a crash VI, and because I believe UK would be a much more attractive place if housing was cheaper.