House Price Crash Forum

This Is A Just A Build-up To Black Monday!

Pluto

HOLA441
HOLA442
Yep. That is when Rightmove wrongmoves the market with their slash in selling prices. Add this to the builders and banks going down the toilet like bad turds and we have a perfect storm brewing.

Batton down the hatches comrades.

Yes, I agree with Pluto about Monday. I don't often go for Black Day predictions but the 17th of September has all the hallmarks of a perfect storm

Best,

L

HOLA443
Guest Charlie The Tramp
Yep. That is when Rightmove wrongmoves the market with their slash in selling prices. Add this to the builders and banks going down the toilet like bad turds and we have a perfect storm brewing.

When the Footsie falls by 10% or more you can then call it a black anyday.

Last big fall IIRC around 4% just a blip compared to 1987.

Not to worry a couple of grand of gold will save you from the Armageddon. :rolleyes:

BTW love the use of the word comrade. ;)

Edit: just announced the Footsie is down 0.8% :o

HOLA444

Rightmove released it today due to the "leak".

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

another weekend, another "black Monday" thread. How about this, FTSE recovers 60-70 points following the DJ up, NR doesn't call on the BoE loan, NR shares rebound 10% and we all carry on as usual, some house price data comes out showing house prices haven't declined and it is pulled apart as incorrect data, VI spin, the truth being withheld from us...

Oh nearly forgot, the people with the loudest voices on HPC.co.uk continue to right "your" instead of "you are" whilst claiming to understand how everything works better than someone else, although the basics of English have passed them by.

HOLA4416
another weekend, another "black Monday" thread. How about this, FTSE recovers 60-70 points following the DJ up, NR doesn't call on the BoE loan, NR shares rebound 10% and we all carry on as usual, some house price data comes out showing house prices haven't declined and it is pulled apart as incorrect data, VI spin, the truth being withheld from us...

Oh nearly forgot, the people with the loudest voices on HPC.co.uk continue to right "your" instead of "you are" whilst claiming to understand how everything works better than someone else, although the basics of English have passed them by.

Yes of course, and all those people queuing outside NR today were BTL speculators applying for a loan.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

yeah and we'll all just jump into even more loans for even longer while the cost of everything else rises above our falling earnings.

yes it all going to just 'right itself' all by its own.

HOLA4419
Guest wrongmove
Add this to the builders and banks going down the toilet like bad turds and we have a perfect storm brewing.

A bit OT, but what is a good turd and how does the way a good turd and a bad turd go down the toilet differ? :unsure:

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
Aren't there also a whole load of inter-bank short term loans coming to and end next week?

If you think about it you'll probably realise that is no different to any other week. These loans are take as and when required (i.e every day) so it stands to reason that there will be inter-bank loans expiring every day.

I think someone's making that up to try and raise expectations on the site TBH.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
Guest wrongmove
If you think about it you'll probably realise that is no different to any other week. These loans are take as and when required (i.e every day) so it stands to reason that there will be inter-bank loans expiring every day.

I think someone's making that up to try and raise expectations on the site TBH.

I think the current problem is that a lot of IOUs that are coming up for renewal are backed by very dodgy US subprime mortgages. I don't pretend to understand the full ins and outs of the process, but the credit rating rating of this commercial paper has plummeted.

No-one seems to know who has been left "holding the baby", so banks are very reluctant to lend cash to each other at the moment.

This is causing banks like NR big problems - they are well known to be very aggressive in their lending, so are very suspect now.

This could all blow over as the bad debt comes to light, or it could snowball into something significant (which it frankly isn't yet, IMHO)

So I would agree that this site is seriously over blowing the issue - but goodness sake, we have waited a long time for something to overblow!! :P

However, there is a very real underlying problem, the full extent of which will only become apparent in time.

IMHO. DYOR.